Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
I am trying to find a pair of headphones for use mostly at the gym I really hate the earpods so am looking at over the ear. I know they aren't officially sweat proof but are there any you guys can recommend? I was thinking about the Jabra Move 2 or the Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless.

tsevince

macrumors regular
May 19, 2015
My favourite over-ears go to the Sony MDR-10RBT - light, sounds good, and long lasting batteries.

For active use though, I'd go wireless earbuds for sure. The Jaybirds will be the obvious winner if you ask anyone, but if you want a budget friendly option, the mpow is probably the cheapest bluetooth earbuds you'll ever find that are decent (4 star rating).

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
It's funny, I just got back from Best Buy about 40 minutes ago...with a new pair of wireless earbuds.

I wanted something over the ear for comfort, and so it didn't look like I had something sticking out of my ears. I wasn't quite willing to put out the $199 for Beats, so I went with Yubuds Liberty. The sound is awesome, but so far the mic may as well be nonexistent. I have an email to Yurbuds to see if there's a setting somewhere for that. If not they'll go back in the morning.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
It's funny, I just got back from Best Buy about 40 minutes ago...with a new pair of wireless earbuds.

I wanted something over the ear for comfort, and so it didn't look like I had something sticking out of my ears. I wasn't quite willing to put out the $199 for Beats, so I went with Yubuds Liberty. The sound is awesome, but so far the mic may as well be nonexistent. I have an email to Yurbuds to see if there's a setting somewhere for that. If not they'll go back in the morning.

How is the bass? I have tried each and every BT headphone/earbuds. None sound good to me and I am no audiophile

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
How is the bass? I have tried each and every BT headphone/earbuds. None sound good to me and I am no audiophile

I wasn't really paying that much attention to the bass. I've already put them back in the box so I can return them. I paired them to my husband's Galaxy whatever and it was the same. Thought maybe it was my iPhone, but it was definitely the Yurbuds. :(

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I wasn't really paying that much attention to the bass. I've already put them back in the box so I can return them. I paired them to my husband's Galaxy whatever and it was the same. Thought maybe it was my iPhone, but it was definitely the Yurbuds. :(

Okay thanks. Good luck on your search for good BT headphones.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
i like the AF62 but comparing now with my new purchase plantronics backbeat pro, it beat the hell out the af62. Amazing sound and features,u can't beat it even on the higher end Bluetooth headphones

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I upgraded from a pair of Jaybirds and the AF62s seemed unbelievable. Now I want to go hear a pair of the Backbeat Pros mentioned above.

I had the BBPs for a while and they sounded great. Just two things I think need improvement: 1) larger/heavier than most headphones, 2) when noise cancelation is turned on bass sounds a bit more muddy. YMMV

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
I had the BBPs for a while and they sounded great. Just two things I think need improvement: 1) larger/heavier than most headphones, 2) when noise cancelation is turned on bass sounds a bit more muddy. YMMV
Did you upgrade your firmware? Mine came up with 19 and now update to 22 and actually ANC now is much lesser bass than the normal ANC off

Also I don't use EQ. All turn off even my premium spotify EQ is off

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Did you upgrade your firmware? Mine came up with 19 and now update to 22 and actually ANC now is much lesser bass than the normal ANC off

Also I don't use EQ. All turn off even my premium spotify EQ is off

No I did not check for a firmware update as I returned them. Not a Spotify user anymore. With Apple Music I find using any EQ lowers the volume. Like to see Apple allow for manual EQ settings similar to Spotify.

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Thanks, guys, I acutally went with the move 2's. They sound pretty decent and are the on ear design. They ended up costing me about $60 dollars and should suit me fine. The Bass is lacking in them but unless I want to go for a higher spend, they will do nicely for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.