Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
Interesting. Best Buy actually tends to be a fairly reliable source of updates, doesn't it?

EDIT:
Real question is can I update them to macrumors from my iPhone?

I'm on my iPod touch right now, so you shouldn't have any problem, assuming you can actually upload the photos (which I'm not sure about).

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
So I downloaded dropbox, made an account and all that but when I put a pic in the public folder, it will only generate an email. There's a link but when a paste into safari it won't go anywhere.

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
So I downloaded dropbox, made an account and all that but when I put a pic in the public folder, it will only generate an email. There's a link but when a paste into safari it won't go anywhere.

At this rate we will know tomorrow faster... just kidding great job!

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Yeah I just realized the same. A workaround is to send the email to yourself amd then from the Mail App you can copy the link :)

Dropbox should add a feature "copy public link".

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
This is total BS. I work at best buy and the sku is still active. It shows as deleted in stores with no apple shop because they never carried it. Nothing to look at here folks, move along.

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
This is total BS. I work at best buy and the sku is still active. It shows as deleted in stores with no apple shop because they never carried it. Nothing to look at here folks, move along.

Hmm. I checked my store and one in Slc that carries apple and both say deleted...

MagicMouse

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
I am really excited about these rumors of tomorrow floating around. But if it were tomorrow wouldn't there be invites to the press or something? Please enlighten me on how a surprise :apple: event could occur.

Not that I don't want it to.... please tomorrow, please tomorrow :D

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
I am really excited about these rumors of tomorrow floating around. But if it were tomorrow wouldn't there be invites to the press or something? Please enlighten me on how a surprise :apple: event could occur.

Apple doesn't hold press events for speed bumps. It's usually only when something big is to be announced.

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

Last year they released the widescreen iMacs with just a press release and update online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.