Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Thinking about getting a bumper for my iphone and was looking at the SGP Linear EX. I can get just the bumper from the website now with the new mix and match option. I don't need the screen protectors because I have Power Support Crystals on my iphone so doing the mix and match is nice because its cheaper. Is there any other bumpers out there I should consider that are like the SGP Linear EX? I don't want the neo because I don't want the two layer set up with the silicone. I like that the Linear EX is a hard plastic.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
Yeah I have the neo snow and after a while the plastic band starts to get lose and goes out of place when you take the phone out from pocket.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Yes, it is more slick.
The original Apple bumper at least had some grip with the rubber edges.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
I just got the satin silver one for my 4s, real happy with it. It's not slippery at all for me.

I had the SGP Neo Hybrid snow one but like I said, I didn't like the 2 piece design cuz that outer band will get lose over time. Which will result in the bumper getting out of its place when you pull the phone from pocket.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
I ordered from cretouch earlier in the week, my linear ex is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I went with the mix and match option but got both pieces in black. I didn't need the screen protectors so this was a cheaper option. Cant wait to get it!

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
I have the linear EX and i really like the looks of it (white on white). However if it was a tad slimmer and less slippery, it would be a perfect bumper.

JMies419

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Received my Linear EX today, love it! Does not make the phone feel any slicker IMO and the phone feels great with the bumper on. This one is a keeper for sure, may even end up ordering a few different colors too. Very happy with it!

RIDEALL

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2012
Picked one of these out for Wife in White. Yes it is slick when COMPARED to other cases that have a rubbery texture.
When reviewing on its own I think it's great!! Feels great in hand, and she has adapted too the slickness just fine. No drops so far;-).
If you keep phone in pocket, it is very easy and smooth too slip in and out.
The fit is 8 / 10. The sleep button does have a slight rattle, but only if you shake it looking for a rattle!!
Overall love it, just wish it was priced $10-15 less.
I think it comes down too peoples past experiences with stickier cases, and just understanding that this case is not like that.

RIDEALL

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2012
All White is so classy & Sexy;-)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334354469.935996.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334354469.935996.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 181

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I've had one on for a few months now and take it off about once a week to clean.
Haven't got one mark on the aluminium, so don't worry about that.

I do keep the phone in a Hard Graft wallet though.

It's hard to work out how to remove at first, but I discovered that you just lift up top right and bottom left at the short ends & it unclips easy.

Best bumper I've bought and I've had a few, lol.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I just bought the mix'n'match pieces in white and red and I absolutely love this case (I have a black iPhone)! It is exactly hat I was wanting. I love the slick hard feel and the slimness of it. This is by far the best case I have had. Like another poster I head the neo hybrid and was not at alls satisfied with the fit and how the outer band tended to slip around on the rubber part.

onlyjjp

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
I just received my case and I absolutely love it. I tried to put the case on with my luckylabs spectra wrap, but it just would not click. I even used force, but did not want to break it so I just took the wrap off. I love how it comes with plastic buttons unlike the rubber ones they use for their other cases.
Overall, a great cheap bumper. Highly recommended!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.