Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
most likely, something will be done to improve the imac or emac, or both, come tuesday at mwsf

but what do you think of something big for either laptop, like dual g4s for the tibook, or a g4 for the ibook or superdrive for the ibook?

i think it's unlikely, but if you think something will further happen to the mac laptops this week, what would be your reasoning?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Due to the fairly recent updates to the PowerBook and iBook I can't see much happening, appart from maybe the addition of built-in bluetooth.

dabirdwell

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2002
Oklahoma
What was the deal with the new laptop rumor that Arn removed yesterday? Was that an early tablet rumor or something else?

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Re: better laptops?

Originally posted by jefhatfield
most likely, something will be done to improve the imac or emac, or both, come tuesday at mwsf

but what do you think of something big for either laptop, like dual g4s for the tibook, or a g4 for the ibook or superdrive for the ibook?

i think it's unlikely, but if you think something will further happen to the mac laptops this week, what would be your reasoning?

I would NEVER buy Dual G4 TiBook... I cook my dinner on this baby as it is.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
I see Bluetooth and Gigawire being implemented into the notebooks….That’s it!!!!

The Superdrive will defiantly not be integrated into the iBook….it is just way to early for that!!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: Re: better laptops?

Originally posted by madamimadam

I would NEVER buy Dual G4 TiBook... I cook my dinner on this baby as it is.
haha yeah, my mom told me today that my dad burned himself with his laptop. probably wasnt bad, i think it had been sitting there and my dad put it on his lap and was kind of stunned. as for apple updating laptops. only thing that would really happen is they would do what they did with the imacs. they wont update them, but introduce some special edition ibook or something. i dont think apple will get back into the special editions anymore.

iJon

.a

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2001
i also think that we will see updates for the laptops in spring, not jet.
i could even imagine, that there will be a superdrive ibook. for sure it will be a hot seller. and just think about it, it is the last mac that do not have a superdrive option. even the emac has a superdrive option and i never thought that this will happen.
the superdrive will push ibook sales without changing other stuff of the machine. for sure this will happen this year if not in spring then in the next revision.
.a

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.