Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fowler.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Pasadena
when you fall off your bike and land on them, the screen breaks.

fair warning :p

250172068_9ca52a83ab.jpg

barely a week old. :(

nchu429

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2006
lol. What are you going to do with it now? If you have apple care, is it covered by it?

fowler.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Pasadena
nchu429 said:
lol. What are you going to do with it now? If you have apple care, is it covered by it?

nah, and I wouldn't expect them too. I'll just wait a month or two to see if they have replacement screens on ebay.

it still plays, so it'll be fine for the gym.

the back has a nice little dent too.

250177781_376944df70.jpg

tipdrill407

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
You can try and see what AppleCare does for you. My friend accidentally broke his screen by accidentally sitting on the Nano, called Applecare and they got it fixed. Few weeks later he got caught in the rain without a rain coat or umbrella, he called applecare, sent it in and got it fixed.

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
Perhaps apple should include a warning sticker on all iPods:

"Warning, do not fall off your bike onto this iPod, it will NOT survive the crash, and you will then be arrested & charged with iPodal Homicide" The penalty for this crime is having to buy & use only a M$ Zune for the rest of your natural life, or death, whichever you prefer :rolleyes:

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
If you bought it with your American Express, it is cover for 90 days accidental damage.

Also, you should have named this thread "Beware of ground: it is hard."

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
SmurfBoxMasta said:
Perhaps apple should include a warning sticker on all iPods:

"Warning, do not fall off your bike onto this iPod, it will NOT survive the crash, and you will then be arrested & charged with iPodal Homicide" The penalty for this crime is having to buy & use only a M$ Zune for the rest of your natural life, or death, whichever you prefer :rolleyes:

Jeez, you don't need to be so harsh about it.

But I would choose death.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
fowler. said:

fair warning :p

250172068_9ca52a83ab.jpg

barely a week old. :(
wow, I'm sorry to hear that, i'm thinking about buying one. i'll have to make sure not to put all my weight on it :p. one question though, it looks on the left side it's completely split the aluminum case. can you post another picture of that side?

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
Warbrain said:
Jeez, you don't need to be so harsh about it.

But I would choose death.

Well, as the saying goes: dont do the crime if you cant do the time :D

or from another angle: you've made your bed, now you must lie in it :p

Personally, I feel that the severity of the punishment should match the severity of the crime!
What we have here is motive, opportunity, cause & effect, and a free admission of guilt, so just deal with it!

fowler.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Pasadena
Xander562 said:
wow, I'm sorry to hear that, i'm thinking about buying one. i'll have to make sure not to put all my weight on it :p. one question though, it looks on the left side it's completely split the aluminum case. can you post another picture of that side?

actually it's a ductape case i made. structurally it's fine, save for the ding on the back.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
fowler. said:

This is terrible. I can't believe Apple can sell something that breaks so easily. I've heard they break if you drive a car over them too.

You should start a website and a petition to bring it to people's attention!

:D ;)

Seriously though... sorry about the nano.:(

THX1139

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2006
That's cool as long as it still works! It gives your iPod a distinct one-of-a-kind style. Plus you don't have to worry about scratching it. :cool:

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
fowler. said:
actually it's a ductape case i made. structurally it's fine, save for the ding on the back.
wow, then besides the screen, i'd say it held up rather well for that kind of impact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.