Big Serif Font....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by w_parietti22, Feb 11, 2006.

1. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Hey, Im writing a research paper and I'm having trouble meeting the requirment of pages. My teacher said we needed to use a Serif font, like "Times or Times New Roman", no "courier new". Any Serif fonts that are bigger than Times? Thanks.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Century Schoolbook is fairly generic and large.

There's also an Apple font called New York that looks like a horribly bloated Times, but with that one it will really look like you're padding.

3. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

You can also fiddle with the margins. Nothing hugely noticeable mind you, but enough to get the job done. Try adjusting them by .1 or .2 inches smaller. That might do the trick. Any more, and it's very easy to spot.

4. w_parietti22 thread starter macrumors 68020

My teacher said he's going to use a ruler and make sure each margin is exactly 1". :mad:

5. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

Georgia is definitely bigger than Times New Roman. It's a great looking font too! Also, if you're double-spacing between lines (MLA format), you could increase the spacing a little bit more and use up some more paper real estate!

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Seriously, teachers know when your trying to "cut corners." I would stick with Times and just throw it a few more sentences (that's all that any font will add).

7. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Then spend your time finding more things to say. ;) Use transitions. Add examples. ;)

9. w_parietti22 thread starter macrumors 68020

haha... maybe
    ;)

10. Greencardman macrumors 6502

hehe, you can also change the character spacing in Word, which is very hard to spot if you do it right. Although your teacher will probably notice something is wrong, they just won't be able to put their finger on it. Obviously, too much and you'll get caught. Make sure to print on thick paper so they can't compare it to the class nerd whose paper will be regular.
    Not that I've had any experience mind you....