Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Bioshock runs completely fine in 1440x900 on my C2D Macbook Pro 2.16ghz X1600 w/ 2gb ram using omega drivers. :)

overcast

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
Oh, so you were there with him?
I don't need to be, I know for a fact that an x1600 at that resolution is not going to run any high res textures/effects. My x1900xtx / 2.7ghz Dual Core Opteron / 2GB RAM plays at 1280x1024 - comfortably with everything maxed at about 40fps average. There is NO WAY, his is even coming close to that. There are benchmarks all over the web confirming it as well. This is a VERY graphics intensive game.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I have texture + actor details on medium, shadow map off, global lighting on, but high detail shaders on and its playable to completely smooth in everywhere ive been.

And shiny.

I've read a lot that it seems to runs like crap on AMD cpus.

overcast

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
I have texture + actor details on medium, shadow map off, global lighting on, but high detail shaders on and its playable to completely smooth in everywhere ive been.

And shiny.

I've read a lot that it seems to runs like crap on AMD cpus.
So you're running the game on a low texture and model detail, with no shadow mapping. Wonderful. Just wait until you get into some complex sequences later in the game. The x1600 barely meets the minimum system requirements.

Please show me the "lots" you've read about running like crap on AMD cpus. Completely maxed out on all graphics settings and I get between 40-80fps the entire time. Majority sits at about 40-45

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
So you're running the game on a low texture and model detail, with no shadow mapping. Wonderful. Just wait until you get into some complex sequences later in the game. The x1600 barely meets the minimum system requirements.

Please show me the "lots" you've read about running like crap on AMD cpus. Completely maxed out on all graphics settings and I get between 40-80fps the entire time. Majority sits at about 40-45

Fuchal, I'm with you, but stop feeding the troll. Let him go back under his bridge with his fancy PC and his vast technical knowledge.

Edit: Just checked out some of your old posts, overcast. Why are you even here? All you do is bash macs and feign a deep knowledge about all technical fields.

That's no way to make friends, guy, if you need some tips on how to behave like a human adult, feel free to PM me.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003

Not low, medium. :)

It seemed to run fine on high as well but I figured I was pushing it then.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? :D

Hell, as long as it looks better than System Shock 2, I'm happy.

overcast

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Rochester, NY
Fuchal, I'm with you, but stop feeding the troll. Let him go back under his bridge with his fancy PC and his vast technical knowledge.

Edit: Just checked out some of your old posts, overcast. Why are you even here? All you do is bash macs and feign a deep knowledge about all technical fields.

That's no way to make friends, guy, if you need some tips on how to behave like a human adult, feel free to PM me.
I don't bash Macs, only ignorance. Thank you for the compliment though, my vast technical knowledge has sent a fair number of misinformed on the right path. I know, I know, because I don't agree that every piece of Mac hardware is a gift from god, it must mean that I am not acting like an adult. I apologize.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
My friend with a santa rosa MBP plays it with all the details maxed and it is completely smooth. Pretty good for a laptop.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
I don't bash Macs, only ignorance. Thank you for the compliment though, my vast technical knowledge has sent a fair number of misinformed on the right path. I know, I know, because I don't agree that every piece of Mac hardware is a gift from god, it must mean that I am not acting like an adult. I apologize.

Wasn't so hard, was it, big guy? Thats all I wanted, thanks. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.