Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
drake said:
What'z this then?

nb_category_basnb.jpg

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

how you get that ... it always show silver around the keyboard when you try to order it.

$499 is a deal! too bad dell charges tax in ny now

Locatel

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2006
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I prefer the black one, visually it's stunning. Still got the white 2.0 because of price. Just couldn't justify spending NOK1.400 on colour alone...
It's not just the color, it has a 20GB+hd.......still doesn't justify anyway...with the price difference you can get a Lacie d2 300GB external HD...(almost)...

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I bought the 2Ghz white one, although I think I prefer the look of the black one. But I rather used the extra money that I would have spent on a blackbook and bought RAM;)

Angelus520

macrumors regular
May 22, 2003
Chicago
I picked up a black one though I haven't updated my sig yet. I actually like it more than the MBP for some reason - size, sturdiness - though I can't figure out why.

Another benefit of the black one - it blends in more at work where most people have Toshibas or ThinkPads. I can use it at my desk without raising suspicions that I'm not doing work-related stuff :cool:

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
emotion said:
That actually has a silver surround to the k/b if you try and spec it up.

My works supplied Inspiron 8200 was all black. It was as thick as three powerbooks :)

The inspiron 8200 was an update of the Inspiron 8000 which i owned. It was no where as thick as three powerbooks. Maybe just under two when closed. 1 + the base of one PB (or MBP) open.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
i have a white, but i really didn't have much say in which i got, as i did a straight trade for it (with my old PB).

that said, i had gone into the stores and looked at both, and although i liked the black, it looked really grimey and dirty in the stores (from all the oils on people's hands), and that really turned me off. the white gets the scratches, but they're really subtle and only noticable at the right angle.

plus, i still love the way the white stands out against the sea of black laptops that are out there.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
drake said:
In my mind, black equals a cheap Dell. Used to be all laptops were black, white laptops where what makes the Mac laptops unique. At the same price, or even more, I'd still choose white.

You CLEARLY just switched...

Most mac laptops prior to the clamshell (G3?) were black

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.