Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrenchcoatJedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
I'm in the market for a Bluetooth 2.0 dongle for my iBook G4. Prefer a USB 2.0 compliant solution. What's recommended?

TrenchcoatJedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
I forgot to mention that I'm also in the market for a bluetooth mouse. Any mouse with minimum 2 buttons and a scroll wheel is fine. What's recommended?

TrenchcoatJedi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
I looked into the DBT-120 but it's only Bluetooth 1.1 compatible even in the latest revisions. I'm looking at a wireless speaker setup that requires the transmitter to be 2.0 compatible.

kbonnel

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2004
In a nice place..
BT mice are a strange subject around here, and I went through the search a while ago. I probably used 5 different models, and none of them provided the performance that I was looking for. Well, one did, the BT500, but the size of the mouse really started to bug me and I had to stop using it. (it is one of those small travel mice). Most of the issues I had with my BT mice revolved around laggy pointer performance and poor battery life, so I gave up and got a Logitech MX1000 mouse, which is great. From what I gathered, the Apple BT mouse is great, but I can't deal with the one button.

As for the BT 2.0 dongle, I have not read any reviews on how well they work with Mac's, so I can't help there. (doing a google search did provide some info about a couple of models for sell, like the one from Iogear)

Kimo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.