Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I plan on getting an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard but I'm worried about bluetooth interference. I have a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse at the moment and I'm quite happy with that. (Apart from the annoying right-click issues)

Sometimes I transfer files from my phone to my Macbook via Bluetooth and when I do that, my Mighty Mouse lags quite a bit which forces me to use the touch-pad. This isn't a big concern for me though, as the mouse isn't that important since I have the touch-pad.

If I buy the keyboard though, I will be sitting further away from my Macbook, maybe even connecting it up to an External Display. But I'm worried that when I transfer files from my phone that it will lag the keyboard as well, and since I won't be near the actual laptop, this will stop my usage of my laptop until I have finished with the transfer.

Does anyone also use their Bluetooth a lot and have issues with interference? Thank in advance.

N10248

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
Essex, U.K.
I dont think its interference, its limited bandwidth, the same thing happens if a bluetooth headet is used.

Copying files will use almost all of the available bluetooth resources and make the mouse a bit jumpy, keyboards are less affected by this, so i wouldn't let it stop you from getting one.

Bye

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.