Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
My iPhone 6+ drops and reconnects the bluetooth connection in the car while on a phone call over and over. Music playback works fine.

I read elsewhere some success with turning off location services while on the call. This works.
I then discovered if WiFi is off during the call it will maintain the connection as well. So, when I get a call in the car I swipe up from the bottom (control center), turn WiFi off and complete my call with no drops. This is a real hassle though. Any ideas on things to try to solve this issue? I have rebuilt from scratch, reset network settings, removed and installed again the connections in the car. I have to think it might be something with access points my phone is trying to connect to, failing because I'm driving, resetting the radio and dropping the connections. Maybe its something in location services that uses WiFi that is causing it. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.