Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thechris69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
Hello, when my imac arrived, so did my wireless Kensington Studio Mouse. I bought it for its looks, and because it looks so damn good with the imac... there a several problems that have me looking to buying a bluetooth mouse... about 70 percent of the time you click... its unresponsive, your often clicking 2-3-4 times to close a safari window!!! sometimes u click to lightly and nothing comes up, then we you click to hard it acts as a right click... so my options:

1. Return wireless Kensington Studio Mouse. And buy a bluetooth mouse. However i need recomendations on a nice looking bluetooth mouse that isnt to expensive.

2. Or I return the wireless version and get the wired version because it is so damn good looking... honestly I love the way this mouse looks, its just so damn unresponsive!!!:mad:

So can any1 give me there 2 cents on what I should do... and offer any good bluetooth mouse...

P.S. The mighty mouse is not a option, i totally despise this mouse.

Thanks

danielbriggs

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Are there good batteries in it and is the reciver close to the mouse?

Alternativly, is there a large source of EMI near? e.g. junction box or distribution frame etc.?

Atlasland

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2005
London, UK
The mouse that comes with the S530 combo is very good [not perfect though - but pretty close]. I too hate the ergonomics of Apple's mice.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i just returned a bluetooth mouse (Radtech BT600) because it did not work very well (same problems you described). i believe it was the mouse and not the fact that it was bluetooth, but i'm unwilling, at this point, to try another mouse. the fact that you're saying you have problems makes me think it's not the mice, it's the bluetooth.

right now, i am using a wirless mouse but with a dongle (Logitech LX7) and it works great.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
if it's not bluetooth, then it's just a crappy mouse. if there is a receiver (dongle or cradle) and it's not tracking well then it just sucks. the wireless has to plug into something and i'm assuming it uses a USB port so you may as well get the wired version if you like the style. otherwise, try a different mouse.

FWIW, i've heard good things about the BT MM but i think it's too expensive.

clintob

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
New York, NY
Reconsider the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse. I was a skeptic too for $70, but trust me it is absolutely flawless - I have two of them, on two separate machines, and have had absolutely no issues with either one. In fact, they have exceeded my expectations. I do a lot of sensitive Photoshop work and the tracking and responsiveness are spot-on.

Also, if you're a heavy mouse user (as opposed to keyboard shorcuts) check out a program called xGestures. VERY handy plugin that lets you program certain mouse movements to do various tasks. Awesome concept and it works like a charm with the BTMM. I can't live without it now.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i haven't ruled out the BT MM. but right now i'm content with my Logitech. i just bought an external HD and the Apple BT keyboard (in addition to the MBP) so i'm kind of waiting for my bank account to recover before i make any more unnecessary purchases.

good to hear it's workin for you, though, clintob.

YEMandy

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2005
I got the bt mm and I can't stand it. I don't know if it's defective or what, but the right click only works about 10% of the time. And yes, I lift my finger off the left side, often my whole hand trying and get it to work sometimes... Other than that, it's a pretty good mouse, but I might try and get a replacement.

thechris69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
i think my problem is solved... my kensignton is only used for games, becuz of the right click. and i use the mighty mouse for my usual apps... so i have the kensington in the back of the cpu, and the mighty mouse in the keyboard, so i can just switch between each one whenver im playing a game or just messing around... right on, thx for your help anyway!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.