Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMonroe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Went for my first run with the S2, no phone. The music was going in and out. I wear my watch on my left wrist and I think the Bluetooth receiver is on the right side of my Avantee Jogger headphones.

Anyone else notice this? Probably the headphones, I wonder if how well they were charged makes a difference?

Okay, but here's the strange thing. After I finished my run the watch sort of froze. The Apple logo was on the screen like it was starting up. Took a while before it came back to life. Battery was at 48%.

Any ideas?

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
You are right about the headphone antenna and position probably being the issue. I've had a few crashes where the Watch restarted/rebooted like that when sending messages.

Hopefully we get a bug fix so update soon.

Reactions: SMonroe

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
Anybody notice a difference if you turn bt off on your phone while using bt music from the watch? I'm thinking there could be some interference.

I will say playing synced music from the watch eats up my battery pretty quickly.

ctg7w6

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Same thing happened to me on my first run with AW. Eventually it went away... Think maybe somehow I was within BT range of phone, but it was far more than 35 feet, so I don't know.

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
There are several threads reporting the BT headset issues with the AW S0. I had the same problem when I bought my Plantronics Backbeat Fit with the BT receiver on the right side of my head. I moved my Watch to my right arm and the choppy audio cleared up for me.

The theory at the time was the mass of our heads is big enough to disrupt the signal from the relatively low powered BT radio on the Watch. I guess they have not improved the radio strength with the new Watches, so you might have to get used to wearing your Watch on the "wrong arm" in some cases.

I can't help with the Watch frozen problem as I still have the original AW S0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.