Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatdawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I installed the latest upgrade for my iphone. Now my bluetooth doesn't work. I went to the settings, selected general, bluetooth, then switched it from off to on. the little spinning circle thing came on and spun round and round and round.... and round and round and round.... well, you get the idea. I've never had a problem with using my bluetooth headset before. Anyone else experiencing a similar problem? I've tried restarting the iphone with the same results.

:mad:

stillwater

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2004
Rowley, MA
I installed the latest upgrade for my iphone. Now my bluetooth doesn't work. I went to the settings, selected general, bluetooth, then switched it from off to on. the little spinning circle thing came on and spun round and round and round.... and round and round and round.... well, you get the idea. I've never had a problem with using my bluetooth headset before. Anyone else experiencing a similar problem? I've tried restarting the iphone with the same results.

:mad:

My phone is doing exactly the same thing.

fatdawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Restore seems to work

I did a "restore from backup" through iTunes. It seems to work (so far - at least for one day). Though the "restore" process took nearly two hours.

dell

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2007
please help

Can someone please post a FIX for the bluetooth problem.

In FW 2.0.1, my car's bluetooth was working fine.

But when i upgraded to FW 2.0.2, it somehow STOPPED working !!!

Please help

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
2.0.2 actually improved my Bluetooth connection to my car (BMW 5 series) - it it wouldn't sync the address book with my 3G. Since I upgraded to 2.0.2 I now have the address book synced again :D

acseven

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2008
I thought I was doing something wrong, but I apparently have the same problem! I don't use bluetooth all that much, but I tried using the other day and it didn't work!

ZManChu

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Florida
2.0.2 actually improved my Bluetooth connection to my car (BMW 5 series) - it it wouldn't sync the address book with my 3G. Since I upgraded to 2.0.2 I now have the address book synced again :D

Mine did the exact opposite. I have an 07 335i and I have to resync my phone now everytime I get in the car. Worked perfectly up until this recent firmware update.

themint

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
bluetooth iphone 3g and BMW 5 series

I have only part of my address book now in my BMW 5 Series before the iphone upgrade to 2.0.2, I am reluctant to to do the upgrade cos it could make the address book worse. Can one go back to iphone 2.0.1?
themint :confused:

G8AMB

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
ok on Audi A4 2007 Factory Fit

Not much help, but I thought I'd post my experience.

The 3G iPhone works fine with my A4 Factory Fitted bluetoooth both on 2.01 and 2.02. Contacts and voice ok.

stillwater

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2004
Rowley, MA
I tried restoring my First gen iPhone from back-up and now my bluetooth works but only my contacts and calendar info were restored. Now I have no music or video on my iPhone and am not able to sync with iTunes.

Whenever I connect my phone to my iMac I only get the restore screen in iTunes. I'm thinking I may have to try setting it up as a new iPhone which is the only option offered other than restoring from back-up again, which I already tried without any luck. :mad:

fatdawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I had a similar problem when I did a restore (which fixed the bluetooth issue for me) on my PC. I think I ignored it, unplugged the phone, plugged it back in (maybe twice?) and the it saw the phone like normal. It had no music/video on it, so I did a sync (which took like 2 hours which I was NOT happy about) and now it is fine.

Original iphone 16GB, windows XP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.