Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DemoEra

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Sweden
I have had the same problem since 9.1 with my IP6. this is getting tiresome. my apple watch looses the connection all the time. cant listen in my BTheadphones because my phone is in my pocket. as someone above mentioned, it needs to be within 3ft and a clear line of sight, not even a thin cloth in the way. Im on my tipping-point. maybe i should get the One+Three instead :mad:

StaticFX

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
Ok heres the scoop. It seems that either the wifi antenna or the wifi antenna flex cable is the issue... the latter might be fixable without replacing (as was the case with mine!!!)

If you have the balls, you need to open your phone. Shut down. Remove the 2 screws and using the suction cup and plastic pry tool, pop the screen open. Once its open carefully lift the screen no more than a 90 degree angle! Look in the top left corner of the phone, you are looking for this... (ignore the circles)

5c032f7c41d61f558520cb1a33bf99f2.png

specifically, that goldish rectangle. There SHOULD be a kind of odd sticker covering the rectangle (as in the picture). In my phone, that stick had moved down off the brass contact. I carefully scraped the sticker off with the plastic pry tool, then used tweezers to re-position it. Used the plastic tool to stick it back down... closed it back up. Start it up and boom! My Bluetooth is 10x better! Its not perfect, but I can now move well more than 2 ft from it and stay connected!

Jennmooo

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2016
Did anyone find a fix for this? I have the same issue on 9.3 Beta 4, along with no GPS and having to be within a few feet of a router to pick up the signal.

Thanks,
I'm having the same issue. Terrible wifi Bluetooth and gps signal . Completely reset phone and it still doesn't work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.