Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angels lust

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
Philz,

I just installed the same one as well. I ran into the same problems.

The front was a piece of cake, although it didn't fit perfectly (it was like it is slightly smaller).

The back was a whole other animal. I thought I might have stretched it because every time I applied it perfect on one side it wouldn't line up on the other. I kind of used the card to move it over and as of now all the ports are squared up, however in doing this I think I messed up the corners. As they are wrinkly. For an hour or so after I put it on I kept working them and holding them but they don't go over perfectly. Not to mention, there were some pockets of air that I just don't see themselves working out.

It's been 24 hours and the case looks better than I put it on but far from being clear and invisible. I think what I'll do is once some good cases come out (like the in-case slider) I'll take off the back but leave on the front sticker. The back just looks tacky.

Here's some images, excuse the lighting. Hopefully you can see what I'm referring to:

ipod2gbg1ag1.jpg

ipod2gbg2lz3.jpg

ipod2gbg3jh2.jpg

ipod2gbg4kp9.jpg

The dust on the front screen isn't underneath. I made sure this thing was spotless before I put it on.

Edit: I think what would have made it better is if the front piece was the one that wrapped around. That way you had a flat surface to work with, with the back piece being the square one.

Edit 2: Okay, yours turned out better than mine. I might take it off and try again with the back up they sent me. But I was really patient with it and did everything they said to do. Maybe I can try using some more solution to buy me more time. I don't know..

Strategy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
I just applied mine tonight and it looks great, the corners are sticking up a bit but once it dries a bit they will lay down.

I didnt use the solution provided, I made my own with a drop of dawn and warm water.

DSC_5350.jpg

DSC_5351.jpg

DSC_5357.jpg

DSC_5359.jpg

DSC_5352.jpg

DSC_5353.jpg

DSC_5354.jpg

DSC_5355.jpg

DSC_5358.jpg

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
nice. pics could be better though.:rolleyes: either way, lets hope that they fix this crap by XMAS! cuz im getting mine on XMAS. maybe il get the IS instead of the BG if it is that bad! i don't think some orange peel effect will kill me. hopefully it will be fixed as i want to get the BG but recent pics are kind of making me skeptical about the quality of the cutting in the BG.

Philz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Good news!

Support finally came back to me, and no one should worry ^^;

"At NLU Products, we take every step possible to make sure our BodyGuardz product is of the utmost quality both in fit and materials. We stand behind our product 100%."

They also looking into it on their end, I'll be sending the measurements I took as soon as I can find the sticky. They did send pictures from the designer of the guard, and theirs is dead on, so I'm :confused: perplexed at what might of happened, might have been a bad batch.

They do seem to stand very well behind there product.

On a side note, my backing is almost dead clear! It's amazing what the curing can do. Definitely cant wait to get it on just right ;)

Philz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I somehow missed page 2 in my response <_<

Wywern, there is not tint or orange peel color to the guard, it's just all of our cameras bad auto white balance :p . It's as clear as glass.

As for strategy and angel, would you be as kind to measure the width and height of your back? Curious to if there is a difference! Some exact (millimeters) measurement would be preferred. Strategy's looked really close to the pictures from the designer they sent me. So thats :confused: considering me and angels results.

As for angel, try using the card while putting on the back? As i didn't get nearly as many bubbles to begin with!

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Good news!

Support finally came back to me, and no one should worry ^^;

"At NLU Products, we take every step possible to make sure our BodyGuardz product is of the utmost quality both in fit and materials. We stand behind our product 100%."

They also looking into it on their end, I'll be sending the measurements I took as soon as I can find the sticky. They did send pictures from the designer of the guard, and theirs is dead on, so I'm :confused: perplexed at what might of happened, might have been a bad batch.

They do seem to stand very well behind there product.

On a side note, my backing is almost dead clear! It's amazing what the curing can do. Definitely cant wait to get it on just right ;)

That's great news:)

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Thanks again to everyone posting info regarding the BodyGuardz. I think I may try the solution with just warm water and Dawn, it seems as though it may work a little better. Or, maybe it was just the warm water that seems to work better.

Thanks for keeping us updated on what CS is telling you as well... As soon as I get my BodyGuard and find an iPod touch, I will try and post pictures as well, if this is still a concern at that point. Not for sure when I will be able to get my hands on the Touch, but my BodyGuard should be here soon.

Thanks again!

nikonmama

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
I have been lurking on this forum for a long time, and I think this is my first post. I wanted to say that I have had the same problem with my BG as the original poster. They front went on really well, although I still have some haze underneath it after almost 36 hours. The back just wouldn't line up properly for me. I got it lined up with the power button perfectly but the cutouts for the volume button and ports at the bottom seem a few mm off. Of course this could totally be my error though.....although I have applied BG to devices before. And I also had a problem with the corners, they never fully stuck and at this point probably won't. I still have haze and bubbles under the back that have cleared up some but not a whole lot. I also contacted customer support and immediately had a response. I did ask CS if the fact that it is pretty humid where I live will affect how long it takes for the BC to dry out/cure.....and she said it quite possibly might. They are in a dry climate and don't know if/how high humidity will affect drying time. They really do have excellent customer support and are sending me out a free replacement in case I decide to try the application again.

Fidgetyrat

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
I think i'm going to go solo on this one and just let the thing get scratched up if it happens.

I'm just getting so tired of babying my devices, trying to keep off every little scratch, only to have it go obsolete in a year anyway.

Maybe i'll just get a sleeve for shock purposes.

Philz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Just sent them another reply with the details I've found. Regardless, they are truly good people to buy something from, I wouldn't be worried.

The case has gotten a lot clearer, you really can't tell it's on much for the back. It also resists more fingerprints than the back would with just the aluminum, it still gets them, but not as unsightly. and you can just "wipe" them off with your thumb :D

Philz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
They have cured, looks amazing, alignment still off, but everything otherwise is as they say, no more bubbles, even micro ones. I'll be giving it another go tonight with the other template. Alignment might have been me being to squeegee happy, might have stretched it a smidgen. Not sure though.

More pictures on flickr of the results!:

Viva La Flickr!

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
I have invisible shield on mine and i LOVE it. You cant even tell its there unless you are the person that installed it. People always ask me why I dont have a case... Simple... I do! :p

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
The BodyGuardz looks awesome now. I'm amazing at how nicely it cured.... Now I hope mine will turn out tha good. Mine will probably end up looking more like the pre-curing pictures :p

I'm thinking that your particular BodyGuard may just have been cut wrong or something. Perhaps the wrinkles or imperfections you noticed in the template right away is what caused the templated to be offer slightly.

Anyway, thanks again for the review/pics. It definitely looks like BodyGuardz is a good company to work with and will take good care of everyone!

bm2

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
I just applied mine 12 or so hours ago and was wondering if my Bodyguardz was squeegee scratched or just still curing. Does anyone have problems with that?

Philz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I just applied mine 12 or so hours ago and was wondering if my Bodyguardz was squeegee scratched or just still curing. Does anyone have problems with that?

What do you mean?

For everyone else, I'll be adding to my first post pictures of how the final should look, courtesy of bodyguardz. Use this as a reference as to were to put it on originally!

bm2

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Sorry for not being clear.

The actual film looks like it was scratched up from my squeeging. It looks apparent that there are marks going outward from the middle. Maybe I applied too much pressure and/or scraped too much when squeeging. It's been about 15+ hours and it doesn't seem like it's going away. From the pictures you and the others have posted, it doesn't seem like you guys encountered that trouble. Should I do it again and use less pressure when squeeging? Do you get my drift?

Thanks!

Strategy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Im still on the fence on whether or not the skin makes the speaker quieter. I listended a specific song before I applied and re-listened to it again after the fact and seems almost the same.

Philz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
hellooo! did anyone look at my post. BG sent some pics and they looked fine to me. i think it was error on the people who started the thread or a bad batch.

Link? I don't see it in the other thread I know of...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.