Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
can anyone remember when there were actually some real RUMORS floating around? hardware speculation, secret photos, leaked info. what is going lately? c'mon, i can't take it anymore. somebody just make something up!

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
imac

i have heard from a friend who knows a friend who knows his uncle who is best mates with someone who knows someone and he has heard that the new imac is going to be green and look like a frog

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Man, if you're that bored, contribute to MacRumors and see what's being submitted in the Private area of the forums.

Otherwise, the rumors picked up a lot in the past three weeks. Instead of updates, we have rumors and updates and more activity. G5 iMac rumors, iPod rumors like all hell, comparison products, G5 PowerMac specs (can be debated as to whether or not the figures are real).

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004

lol!

c'mon, i can't take it anymore. somebody just make something up!

Why do ya think there are rarely any real rumours? Because people tend to do just that, hehe... or else unwittingly proffer that information to macrumors without realising someone else before them has made it up :eek: Sucks, but true I think!

andy.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
There is definitely way too much going on the the world of Mac to be board. Steve seems to usually introduce a product that no one could have imagined at his Keynote. :)

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
I'll let you in on a little secret. I talked to Jobs himself last night on the phone. He told me that we'd see 3Ghz G5 iPods before there are any 3Ghz PowerMacs, but that they'll both come out before Longhorn! He just said that stuff last year to increase sales and anticipation of this year's WWDC. It's a marketing technique, he told me.

I can't believe you think this isn't true! :D

JOD8FY

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Sounds like you're gonna get an expensive phone bill for calling up pink elephants like that.
icon_eek.gif
new_snipersmilie.gif
icon_redface.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.