Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Hi. I recently bought a 15" PowerBook and wanted a bag for it that could carry more than the normal sleeve but was still light and small. I settled on the PowerSleeve15 from Booq, and received it today. I must say that I am somewhat disappointed, because it fits the pb very loosely, although it is padded inside. Is there something else that is similar to the PowerSleeve15 but fits more closely so that the laptop doesn't slide around? There seems to be enough extra space in the bag that it might even fit with the 15" pb with another sleeve on it. Does anybody use it this way?

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Check out the SleeveCase. Awesome product, I have one for my 17-inch, and it fits perfectly. They're all custom made in San Francisco. Very durable material, metal hardware.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
I have one and must say that this sleeve protects my 15" PB very well. The edges are a bit tight, and there's some "breathing room" on top and bottom...that's the design.

I like mine very much...maybe just my personal taste.

ericssonboi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
dferrara said:
Check out the SleeveCase. Awesome product, I have one for my 17-inch, and it fits perfectly. They're all custom made in San Francisco. Very durable material, metal hardware.

I also recommend waterfield products... good fit and finish..

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Eevee said:
I have one and must say that this sleeve protects my 15" PB very well. The edges are a bit tight, and there's some "breathing room" on top and bottom...that's the design.

I like mine very much...maybe just my personal taste.
I wonder then if maybe the one they shipped me was mismarked. The edges are certainly nowhere near tight. I will measure it tonight, but it seems to me that there is at least a 1/4-1/2" gap on either side (I have the vertical version). If you have the vertical type can you measure the (relaxed) opening width and length?

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
I just ordered the same product for my MBP. I think it's supposed to be used as a mini bag not a pure sleeve. Enough for the machine and maybe a couple of file folders. That meets my needs perfectly because I don't need a huge bag with all accessories for meetings or to go to the Coffee shop but I do need something that will fit a little more than a tight sleeve. And, the cool thing is, you can use the mini bag as a sleeve and put it inside another bagt for travel etc.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
eVolcre said:
I just ordered the same product for my MBP. I think it's supposed to be used as a mini bag not a pure sleeve. Enough for the machine and maybe a couple of file folders. That meets my needs perfectly because I don't need a huge bag with all accessories for meetings or to go to the Coffee shop but I do need something that will fit a little more than a tight sleeve. And, the cool thing is, you can use the mini bag as a sleeve and put it inside another bagt for travel etc.
Yes, I agree, that is exactly why I bought it. I just expected the "sleeve" compartment to be a little tighter I guess. It's a great bag otherwise, very slim and compact, but with the extra pockets on front and back.

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
Which exact model did you order? And is this for a MBP or a powerbook?

Here's the email I got from them ...

>>>snip

Dear Krishna,
The horizontal PowerSleeve L90:
http://www.booqbags.com/Detail.bok?no=435
This is not going to have the same fit as the PowerSleeve M. There is a
little extra space in the PowerSleeve L90, but it is still a nice fit.
I hope you have a great day!
>>>>>>>>

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
OK - I just checked the site and the Powersleeve 15 is the old closeout model. I would pay the extra 30 bucks and get the Powersleeve M because it is supposed to be a much snugger fit

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
eVolcre said:
OK - I just checked the site and the Powersleeve 15 is the old closeout model. I would pay the extra 30 bucks and get the Powersleeve M because it is supposed to be a much snugger fit
I wish I had known that at the time I ordered it. That's what I get for going by recommendations only and not doing a thorough check myself. I didn't realize that they had so many choices.

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003
Sometimes I over research and suffer paralysis through analysis but it's the best way to get exactly what you want. Email them and see if you can do an exchange. I mean, you got it to be a 'skinny' briefcase, so may as well get the one tha has the snug fit, right?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
eVolcre said:
So what happened? Are they going to exchange it for you?
I haven't emailed them, because it would cost at least $60 difference and it's not worth that much to me. The PowerSleeve15 was on closeout 1/2 price (use code 'save50') for $30, and the PowerSleeveM is $90 (same code does not work).

danny_w

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I just picked up a MacCase 15" sleeve at CompUSA for $20 and it fits perfectly into the PowerSleeve15, and the combo is great protection for those times that I need to take the pb out of the house. And I can use either by itself if I don't need quite as much protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.