Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zwill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
I have a powermac G3 (beige) and it will not boot up. The screen is gray and the mac computer is happy. But after a minute the screen goes black and a bunch of junk is displayed on the screen. At the bottom of the screen it says memory access exception (1,0,0). Its says press c to continue and r to reboot. I press C and the screen says some more stuff and it says press c to continue or r to reboot I press c again and it says system halting here and locks up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Re: boot up problems

Originally posted by zwill
I have a powermac G3 (beige) and it will not boot up. The screen is gray and the mac computer is happy. But after a minute the screen goes black and a bunch of junk is displayed on the screen. At the bottom of the screen it says memory access exception (1,0,0). Its says press c to continue and r to reboot. I press C and the screen says some more stuff and it says press c to continue or r to reboot I press c again and it says system halting here and locks up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

When you reboot and hold C ... your telling your computer to boot from CD ... if you have no CD then it will lock up ...

are you running OS 10 or 9?

eitherway ... start from the CD, and then run disk utility and repair disk

Could be an extension problem .... did you install anything recently?

zwill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
I believe it has OS 9.

I do not have a cd to start from. Where can I get one?

Thanks

GraphicUmp

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2002
Mid Atlantic
It sounds like you're running X - 10.1.x, actually. You're having a kernel panic, which usually has to do with bad RAM.

Take out all non-factory installed RAM and reboot.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by zwill
I believe it has OS 9.

I do not have a cd to start from. Where can I get one?

Thanks

How do you not have one? didn't it come with the computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.