Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
i'm sure there are other threads addressing this concern, but in my state of confusion, i can't seem to find them. i just opened ical, and everything is gone. i mean everything. anybody know where it may have gone?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
nbs2 said:
i'm sure there are other threads addressing this concern, but in my state of confusion, i can't seem to find them. i just opened ical, and everything is gone. i mean everything. anybody know where it may have gone?
Are your calendar files where they're supposed to be, in '~/Library/Calendars'? If they're still there, just drag them into iCal and their contents will be added. If the calendars have moved/disappeared, search for them first - their extension is '.ics'. You could also try deleting the iCal preferences files '~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal*.plist' where * represents any number of characters, including zero.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
it gets worse

i had rebooted my computer, hoping everything would return, but it got worse.

when my account loaded, my desktop image was changed. then, i loaded safari, and all my prefs were gone.

tried loading the calendars from the library, but they are empty.

mail is going nuts...what happened!?!

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
nbs2 said:
i had rebooted my computer, hoping everything would return, but it got worse.

when my account loaded, my desktop image was changed. then, i loaded safari, and all my prefs were gone.

tried loading the calendars from the library, but they are empty.

mail is going nuts...what happened!?!

repair permissions...

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Do you have file vault running on your account? I had something like this when I was using file vault, basicaly I shut down my computer one night and during the encription phase my enitre user account was corrupted. When I rebooted, all my account prefs were reverted to default and I couldn't access any files. Luckily I had 90% of my user accound copied onto my laptop, but deleting my old user account file and using my laptop as a backup was my only option. :(

I hope this is something different.

mirkojankov

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
i'm also desperate!!!

the same problem has been described here:

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@83.6QVmaCyLBNZ.0@.689f2182

although without solution!!! the problem is that the program starts, dock icon bounces, taskbar appears, and it works (you can ex. detach info and info ALONE will appear, you can add a new event, export your calendar (all of it from taskbar)), but it doesn't show its face, i mean i don't see the calendar in neither of the views! as i described in the forum, it seems like the dissapearing calculator bug!

i don't have filevault activated, it worked fine till this morning. the only thing i remember have made was to update the airport 4.1, but at the uni i don't have the airport base station, so i cancelled the upload to the base station after i have updated program on my comp! strange, maybe if i uninstall the airport update, but how???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.