Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phjo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Not a big problem per se, but I'm curious as to why the Welcome to Xcode window that opens when you launch Xcode shows garbage, with the What's new view in Getting started tab staying (and refreshing) in other tabs such as this :
image2ss5.png

I didn't remember seeing this before... Quitting xcode and running it again and the bug doesn't go away... Any idea ?

phjo

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
It this in Xcode 3.0 or 3.1? Maybe try deleting some preference files? I just made my Xcode never show that startup window though.

phjo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
This is Xcode 3.0.

Btw, for someone who is not into iPhone/Touch development, is the upgrade to Xcode 3.1 worthwhile ?

phjo

phjo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Btw, I thrashed the com.apple.Xcode.plist under ~/Library/Preferences to no avail, the bug is still there...

phjo

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Well I can confirm the same behavior in Xcode 3.0, but I just checked in Xcode 3.1 and it is working normally :)

phjo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
So it just means I guess some upgrade (10.5.2 maybe) triggered this bug...

When there is a separate download for xcode 3.1, I guess I'll upgrade to that version (but this bug is not enough to do it right now...)

phjo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.