BT OpenZone Wi-Fi -User name and Password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pugnut, Sep 15, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

I am on travel and using BT Open Zone, however when I lose the connection or shut the phone off I have to reenter the user name and password. Is there anyway to save it?

2. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

When you connect to Openzone you should get the option of

Username/Password
    or
    Phone Number

If you enter Username/Password you will have to enter it each time you connect, if you enter phone number it will remember

3. macrumors member

Has anyone ever had any luck with the cloud here in the UK?

I never seem to manage to connect - it always loads the page over edge, and never attempts to connect to the cloud homepage for me to type in my number...

4. macrumors 68040

connected to cloud and bt openzone.. in both cases i just entered my mobile phone number and it worked straight away..

5. macrumors regular

I haven't tried BT Openzone, but the cloud works fine. Once you enter your phone number once, it doesn't matter where you go in the country it will connect straight away.

6. macrumors 65816

I didn't know we had a User/Pass for BT OpenZone?

7. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

The user/pass is for bt broadband subscribers, you can use openzone with any wireless device using this (not sure what the data limits are this way)

you dont get a username/pass with the iphone, just pop your number in the first time it asks and then it will connect wherever it sees a hotspot