Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I quote.
Hi everyone !!
I bought BTC Mouse & Trackpad 1.4.2-3 but I can't pair my Apple Magic Trackpad in iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2 and I can't understand why ?!?

Could someone help me please :confused:

There's no need to post the same thing in multiple threads.

Have you contacted the author?

brandodnarb

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
BTC Mouse & Trackpad (Apple Magic Trackpad)

Sorry, I posted the same message in the same place.
Yes I contacted the author Matthias and he said that BTC Mouse & Trackpad should work in iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2 .. he also asked me the /tmp/BTServer.pklg from my device (bluetooth sniffer file) maybe to find out the problem and I sent it back to him but nothing more :( he doesn't reply back to me anymore I don't know why maybe too busy !! I have tried everything but without solution and now I don't know what to do more. Thank you for your answer

bluechipBMW

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
I am having issues in getting this to work on my iPad 2 (running iOS 7.04). The apple magic mouse is not appearing in my device list. I've tried to reinstalling it and rebooting hoping this would solve it but unfortunately it didn't.

I then tried it on my iPhone 5 (running 7.04) and confirmed its working with no issues. The only thing I noticed different is that on my iphone it went through a verification process but I dont recall if I actually did this on my ipad2.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can try? I just sent an email to the developer but figure I try here as well.

Thanks!

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
I am having issues in getting this to work on my iPad 2 (running iOS 7.04). The apple magic mouse is not appearing in my device list. I've tried to reinstalling it and rebooting hoping this would solve it but unfortunately it didn't.

I then tried it on my iPhone 5 (running 7.04) and confirmed its working with no issues. The only thing I noticed different is that on my iphone it went through a verification process but I dont recall if I actually did this on my ipad2.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can try? I just sent an email to the developer but figure I try here as well.

Thanks!

Try going to Settings, general, Reset, and Reset Network Settings! You will need to reset your wifi password. I was having problem with my Logitech Keyboard not going to the verification process and resetting the network bought up that screen for me so I hope it works on the mouse too.

***Be Careful*** - Only Reset Your Network!!

bluechipBMW

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Try going to Settings, general, Reset, and Reset Network Settings! You will need to reset your wifi password. I was having problem with my Logitech Keyboard not going to the verification process and resetting the network bought up that screen for me so I hope it works on the mouse too.

***Be Careful*** - Only Reset Your Network!!

It was a good suggestion but just tried and the apple mouse is still not appearing under devices. Hopefully the developer responds with a resolution. Thanks again!

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
It was a good suggestion but just tried and the apple mouse is still not appearing under devices. Hopefully the developer responds with a resolution. Thanks again!

Try ''Killall BTServer' command in terminal / ssh.

bluechipBMW

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Try ''Killall BTServer' command in terminal / ssh.

Thanks...I tried something else. I'm not sure how and why what I did fix the issue but I figure I share.

I installed BTstack on my ipad and then went to the settings of BTstack and changed the active bluetook stack from IOS to BTstack and then left it on None. When I went back to my Bluetooth settings the apple mouse appeared! It's now working with no issues! I wonder if the app BTstack is really needed or if something was done that pretty much did what you suggest such as Killall BTServer.

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks...I tried something else. I'm not sure how and why what I did fix the issue but I figure I share.

I installed BTstack on my ipad and then went to the settings of BTstack and changed the active bluetook stack from IOS to BTstack and then left it on None. When I went back to my Bluetooth settings the apple mouse appeared! It's now working with no issues! I wonder if the app BTstack is really needed or if something was done that pretty much did what you suggest such as Killall BTServer.

I used it fine without BTStack, it sounds like when you installed BTStack it probably had a similar effect to what the command would do.

If you don't need BTStack, why don't you try uninstalling it (and its dep) now and see if it still connects? Eitherway, at least its working now :)

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013

You were probably missing MouseSupport and installing BTstack installed it. It suppose to automatically install but for some reason, it did not for everyone.

For those having problems, go to Source and choose Hacker and see if MouseSupport is install.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I've just tested the current version of the tweak on my 7.0.6 rMini. Now the scrollwheel scrolls Safari pages (up and down), unlike with the version I tested / reviewed earlier, which only simulated pinching in Safari. Also, it scrolls lists. A GREAT improvement!

I've tested this with the Logitech M-RCQ142.

Lockroom

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
I cannot install BTC Mouse & Trackpad!

I have already purchased it but when I try to install it, firstly it seem the installation is no problem but when nearly complete process, it cannot continue process and show message 'Host unreachable' and then 'Cached Failure'.

Do you have suggestion about this installing issue?

cait234

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2014
Has anyone tried to use this with a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad combo availabble for android devices? just wondering on the compatibility! Would love a trackpad/keyboard combo for school use, my old acer laptop is a bit heavy for my 2km walk.
Thanks!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.