Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyleaa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I have no clue how early I will be getting there, anyone else planning on showing up early?

kyleaa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I'm sure there will be a line. Count on it.

I changed my mind and ordered a WIFI + 3g model instead.

I have no doubt there will be a line. Have you been there for any launches before? What time can you even get into the mall?

I will probably switch to the 3g when it comes out, but I'm going to get a Wifi one in the mean time (I have someone who will buy it off me). I would have went with online, but the office that processes my mail is only open a few hours on Saturday, and I didn't want to risk it.

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
I have no doubt there will be a line. Have you been there for any launches before? What time can you even get into the mall?

I have not. I have waited outside (once...never again) the At&T store near me for the iPhone.

I know they have their one-to-one training early in the morning before store opening during the weekdays and on weekends. I'm pretty sure the early classes start at 7 to 7:30ish AM.

I'm sure you can hang out near the Ramp/Sears pick-up area entrance to the Mall all night if you choose.:)

kyleaa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I'm sure you can hang out near the Ramp/Sears pick-up area entrance to the Mall all night if you choose.:)

Haha thanks for the info. I think I'll pass on the overnight :p. I think my friend wants to go in around 7.

sesnir

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
I have not. I have waited outside (once...never again) the At&T store near me for the iPhone.

I know they have their one-to-one training early in the morning before store opening during the weekdays and on weekends. I'm pretty sure the early classes start at 7 to 7:30ish AM.

Hah... I did that for the iPhone 3G. Got there at 3am, sat in the car until 5 or 6, went inside and sat there swearing at myself since nobody showed up until 7ish. When the local news vultures showed up I felt like a dork.

When the 3G came out, I impulse-bought it at lunch time... no line whatsoever :p

I'm kind of changing my mind and wanting an iPad but I'm feeling patient and will probably get one in a few weeks. Honestly I'm just undecided on the capacity. 16gb is a nice price, but 32gb would make me feel better.

shonline

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
Heading tomorrow from Oakville Ontario. No reservation, so I hope to get a good spot in line.

Anyone know what mall door they will open early to let us in??

Thanks

Stu

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.