Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guifa

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2002
Auburn, AL
That sucks! I think I heard once that if a bull "wins", he gets to live.

Not necessarily winning, per se. But a bull that performs excellently will occasionally live on, mainly so he can be used for breeding.

The weird thing for me when people talk about bull fighting and how horrible it is, is that they have no problem eating beef whose source is likely animals caged up eating processed crap in quite possibly inhumane conditions, whereas the bulls used in bullfighting truly live the king's life. They are fed the best food possible, free ranged, have plenty of space, treated as prize animals, and (for the aforementioned "winning" bulls) have plenty of women. Those that die though are eaten, not just wasted away. The cuts of meat from them is considered the top cuts money can buy.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
The stupid f***er deserved it. If you fight an animal, expect them to fight back.

I feel sorry for the guys family but not for him. I don't take pity in people who throw spears at poor scared animals for "entertainment". Its just cruel and completely unnecessary. The animal is not being killed for food or anything like that so sorry, but its completely wrong.

**** bull"fighting".

guifa

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2002
Auburn, AL
I feel sorry for the guys family but not for him. I don't take pity in people who throw spears at poor scared animals for "entertainment". Its just cruel and completely unnecessary. The animal is not being killed for food or anything like that so sorry, but its completely wrong.

**** bull"fighting".

Yes, it is being killed for eating. Rather dramatically so, but as I mentioned, due to the immaculate conditions they're raised in, it's the best meat you can get, especially the tail.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
From the article: "Sein Manager fürchtet nun psychische Folgen - hat sein Schützling künftig Angst vor Bullen?"
Translated: "His manager fears the possible psychological impact - will the protege be afraid of bulls in the future?"

Let's hope so, I say!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.