Bumpercar's mind

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DJ OJ, Sep 16, 2006.

1. DJ OJ macrumors regular

DJ OJ

Japan>Shibuya>My House. Unbelievable Ain't it!?
    This is what I posted on my blog. I thought it was a virus. Even though macs don't get viruses doesn't mean they still can!!!!! Or wait? :D

2. afornander macrumors 6502

3. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I second that. It's not virus, spyware, trojan horses, worms or the boogey man.

Mac's don't get viruses.

But I dunno what is going wrong...:confused:

4. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

Creepy!!

I have no idea what is going on, but I don't like it.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Sounds more like the white list of allowed sites for Bumpercar has been deleted/amended than anything else.

Incidentally, what a stupid title to use when the chances of you having a virus are minimal - let alone more than one.

6. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Since BumperCar is a browser for kids (and so content filtering, etc., is a big part of its feature set), doesn't it seem likely that it's the source of your problems? Maybe some of the app's prefs files got corrupted or something.

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

If you have no idea what's going on, why would you scream "Viruses!" in both your own blog, and here at MR...?

:rolleyes:

8. Demoman macrumors regular

So what is up with you subject line? I do not see anything here which suggests there is a virus loose on Macs. But, you are making an assertion there is. Your subject line also leads one to believe there are other known ones, when in fact there are not. The fact you are a newbie leads me to suspect more disinformation from the MS camp.

9. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

it sound to me like you dont know how to use a mac and screwed something up rather than a virus

Virus on the loose ?
    more like a lil boy who cried wolf on the loose

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed...sounds like a stir of the pot...

Bless

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

BumperCar..how old are you? Its not a viruses, You likely screwed something up, your parnets may have changed something, or BumberCar may have a bug.

12. shawsinio macrumors regular

yeh most likely a bug if you ask me, try scrapping bumpercar and using safari, firefox, camino, opera, or any other browser...see if things still keep happening

13. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

We need a forum rule regarding the use of the word "virus" in thread titles. I'm not going to go into the reasoning behind this because I think anyone who's been at this forum for more than a few days knows where I am coming from.

14. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Yes, it does get a bit ridiculous with all these posts about "My Mac has a virus! It won't turn on!" and it just turns out they haven't plugged it into the mains or it's run out of battery, or something really stupid...

15. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

What is bumperCar? Get a real browser and you'll probably see your "Virus" suddenly disappear. Don't make a Virus thread here and expect people not to give you a little crap (or more approprietely a lot of crap).

16. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

yes, yes. I know, sounds stupid but I concerned. I know more about my mac then most of you except. I am 13. I have concerned parents. LIVE WITH IT!!!!!! I know as a fact that I have done nothing to anything in the library of bumpercar. And that is the only way I can think of screwing up the app. Though I appreciate you telling me it is most likely not a virus, please tell me WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you also explain why, on every account but mine when Bumpercar is opened it says network updates in progress? Right before i wrote this my dad ( who knows squat about macs :) ) took a look at it and said he did nothing. I can trust him to tell me. I know bumpercar better then he does because I recommended it to him so I did not have to use those stupid safari ones.PLease, rather then calling my "Boy who cried Wolf" help me resolve the problem, I will change the title of the post if I can. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

I wish I could my dad insists on parental controls. He is giving a parental controls to a 16 year old exchange student. I would happily ditch bumpercar for flock, but....well you know.

18. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Looks like some of the keys on your keyboard might be stuck...

19. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

LOL, I wish that was the problem. :)

20. shawsinio macrumors regular

ok, so there are plenty of people in the MacRumors commmunity that are absolutely incredible with macs, and offer some great advice. however, you have basically just said 'i use bumpercar, and its trying to update whats happening!' at least try and give more info. why can't you ask your parent s to allow you to use safari or something...cant you find it yourself through spotlight so you can use it or is it totally blocked? and, to finish off, i know its been said, but don't shout that you have virus if its not, just state the problem don't embellish it!

21. Virtualball macrumors 6502

Well i had something odd happen to my MacBook two months ago. Heres the post:

now THAT, my friends, isn't normal :p But I've been fine ever since, not one complaint about my MacBook or OSX :)

22. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

LOL, Safari has been turned off. I really appreciate my dad caring so much but it can drive me crazy. But why do the network updates affect the parental controls!?

Creepy. GLAD EVERYTHING IS OK. What were the responses like?

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Download different browser..(ask your parents so you don't get in trouble) see if the problem still if there is something bigger,if its not there, you know something in BumberCar is messed up, in which case go into preferences and play with some stuff. I'd say exactly what to do, but I've never played with BumberCar

Or just use Safari for test(again I'd ask parents so not to get in trouble)

Also talk to your parents..ask to use FireFox, Safari or something else. If your Jewish say your a man now if not talk about IF you were Jewish you'd be a man. If your parents trust you with a Blog, they should trust you with your own browser

24. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

LOL, funny. If he does say "NO WAY!" then I will look into an app that adds parental controls to any browser. Like a plug in I guess. He will be upset about paying money for a crappy browser . :)

25. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

Isn't there a bumpercar forum or something dude?
    try looking there

you are in the wrong place

you are not going to find any
    OMG OMG Bumpercar hax ! !!!!!!!! LOL yippe Yes
    wangzoodle zizzzpop
    we did it high five
    here