Burning a DVD HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, May 18, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Ok im really new to macs and the mac os x. i have a video file ( a 2gb video of my trip to europe). i want to make a dvd with it but when i try and us something like idvd it only has wierd themes and stuff which i dont want, i just want my video file on a dvd i can put into a dvd player and watch. how do i do this?! thank you!

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

The best thing would be to use Roxio Toast. It costs some money but it makes doing this kind of thing pretty easy.

3. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

anyone else? theres gotta be an easy way to do this!

4. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

Actually popcorn is better for this.... expensive though

Without cranking out the dough, or downloading additional software, there is no easy way at all to do this.

However, a shareware program called ffmpegX will convert your video file (no matter the file type) into a DVD video file. Take the Video_TS folder into disk utility (or disk copy for 10.2.8 and prior) and make a disk image file out of it.

Go to Image-> New image from folder (select it), and go down to CD/DVD master. Use disk utility (that burns using the correct format, UDF).

Hope this works! (Never tried myself)

5. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Report back if it does; I've always used Toast on Mac and Nero on PC, even from VOB files, so I'd be curious to see if it works (but too lazy to test it myself ;) ).

6. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

if i was to use idvd it would be fine right? i just dont want one of those wierd templates.

7. lpshean macrumors regular

lpshean