Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
Ok im really new to macs and the mac os x. i have a video file ( a 2gb video of my trip to europe). i want to make a dvd with it but when i try and us something like idvd it only has wierd themes and stuff which i dont want, i just want my video file on a dvd i can put into a dvd player and watch. how do i do this?! thank you!

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Sweener88 said:
Ok im really new to macs and the mac os x. i have a video file ( a 2gb video of my trip to europe). i want to make a dvd with it but when i try and us something like idvd it only has wierd themes and stuff which i dont want, i just want my video file on a dvd i can put into a dvd player and watch. how do i do this?! thank you!

The best thing would be to use Roxio Toast. It costs some money but it makes doing this kind of thing pretty easy.

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Actually popcorn is better for this.... expensive though

Without cranking out the dough, or downloading additional software, there is no easy way at all to do this.

However, a shareware program called ffmpegX will convert your video file (no matter the file type) into a DVD video file. Take the Video_TS folder into disk utility (or disk copy for 10.2.8 and prior) and make a disk image file out of it.

Go to Image-> New image from folder (select it), and go down to CD/DVD master. Use disk utility (that burns using the correct format, UDF).

Hope this works! (Never tried myself)

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
Report back if it does; I've always used Toast on Mac and Nero on PC, even from VOB files, so I'd be curious to see if it works (but too lazy to test it myself ;) ).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.