Burning a movie onto a DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Verto, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Ok, before half the forum tells me to do a search, I already did, and couldn't figure out what I needed to know.

I just used Mac the Ripper to rip a DVD onto my hard drive, with a Video_TS folder, with .VOB files, since I gathered one needed these files to burn a DVD that can be played on a regular DVD player. But where do I go now? Can I use iDVD or iMovie to burn them onto a playable DVD? I couldn't figure out what was supposed to be the next step.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. Verto thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verto

I downloaded that Imager, and created a .img file with an Audio_TS folder (empty) and a Video_TS folder in it. What do I do with it now?

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

So wait...

So you're asking us how to bypass copy protection on a dvd and copy it? I don't think that's allowed to be discussed here...

Where are the moderators when you need one?

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Unless specified otherwise, we assume that it's a legal backup of a disc that the poster owns.

The easiest way to write out to DVD is with Toast, choose the Video tab, select "DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS", and drop the VIDEO_TS ƒ in there.

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Toast is good, but if you only want to make copies of your DVDs Popcorn is cheaper and it works really well.

7. Verto thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verto

I'm making copies of DVDs that I can place in a CD case and bring with me, without having to worry about getting my original ones scratched up or stolen. :rolleyes:

8. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Toast 7 comes with popcorn's compression abilities and is apparently on sale. ($10 less than popcorn according to versiontracker)

9. themacmaestro macrumors member

Honesty is always the best policy... and who needs a Mod to tell you to behave. You are a big boy/girl and should figure that out for yourself.

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You don't need Toast, you can burn the image with Disk Utility. From the DVD Imager page I linked to:

B

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Popcorn is now incluced in the new version of Toast, so just buy Toast, not Popcorn. :cool:

Hmm, I'm hungry, is it lunch time yet?