Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Ok, before half the forum tells me to do a search, I already did, and couldn't figure out what I needed to know.

I just used Mac the Ripper to rip a DVD onto my hard drive, with a Video_TS folder, with .VOB files, since I gathered one needed these files to burn a DVD that can be played on a regular DVD player. But where do I go now? Can I use iDVD or iMovie to burn them onto a playable DVD? I couldn't figure out what was supposed to be the next step.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
I downloaded that Imager, and created a .img file with an Audio_TS folder (empty) and a Video_TS folder in it. What do I do with it now?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
So wait...

So you're asking us how to bypass copy protection on a dvd and copy it? I don't think that's allowed to be discussed here...

Where are the moderators when you need one?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
appleretailguy said:
So you're asking us how to bypass copy protection on a dvd and copy it? I don't think that's allowed to be discussed here...

Unless specified otherwise, we assume that it's a legal backup of a disc that the poster owns.

The easiest way to write out to DVD is with Toast, choose the Video tab, select "DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS", and drop the VIDEO_TS ƒ in there.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
appleretailguy said:

I'm making copies of DVDs that I can place in a CD case and bring with me, without having to worry about getting my original ones scratched up or stolen. :rolleyes:

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
adk said:
Toast is good, but if you only want to make copies of your DVDs Popcorn is cheaper and it works really well.
Toast 7 comes with popcorn's compression abilities and is apparently on sale. ($10 less than popcorn according to versiontracker)

themacmaestro

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2005
appleretailguy said:

Honesty is always the best policy... and who needs a Mod to tell you to behave. You are a big boy/girl and should figure that out for yourself.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Verto said:
I downloaded that Imager, and created a .img file with an Audio_TS folder (empty) and a Video_TS folder in it. What do I do with it now?
You don't need Toast, you can burn the image with Disk Utility. From the DVD Imager page I linked to:

Tiger & Panther - Choose "Burn..." from Disk Utility's Images menu, navigate to and select your disk image file.

B

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
adk said:
Toast is good, but if you only want to make copies of your DVDs Popcorn is cheaper and it works really well.

Popcorn is now incluced in the new version of Toast, so just buy Toast, not Popcorn. :cool:

Hmm, I'm hungry, is it lunch time yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.