Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
So I use iTunes for pretty much everything to do with music; I burn regular audio CDs all the time. I want to make an MP3 CD, which I know how to do with Windows, but I haven't done it yet with iTunes.

With Windows, I can organize the songs in various folders, which are recognized by both my MP3-compatible CD players. Can I do the same with iTunes? That is, can I make x number of playlists, then have those burned to the CD and organized that way? I'd hope it works like that, because I'd rather not have 150+ songs in one bulk folder that I have to sort through in my car.

So yeah, that's aboot it. Thanks!

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
You have to have it all in one playlist. All you do is just press the + key make a name for the playlist, and just drag and drop what you want into the playlist

freiheit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2004
California
I think that depends on what view (playlist) you're in in iTunes when you make the CD.

And of course, you could always just burn your iTunes music folder (outisde of iTunes - even when iTunes is not running) to a CD using MacOS X's built-in Finder CD burning or Roxio's Toast or Tiger's Burn Folders or...

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
DaftUnion said:
You have to have it all in one playlist. All you do is just press the + key make a name for the playlist, and just drag and drop what you want into the playlist
Wow. That sucks. That really, really sucks. I guess I have to keep doing it the pain in the ass way in Windows, because at least it gives me what I want. I do not want to have to have 150+ songs unorganized on a disc; I want it in folders that I can sort through on my CD player.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
Well, then take the advice of the poster ahead of me.

I myself use Toast, but if all the files you're burning are already MP3s, you could just use Finder.

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
zach said:
Well, then take the advice of the poster ahead of me.

I myself use Toast, but if all the files you're burning are already MP3s, you could just use Finder.
Yeah, too bad I'm stuck with Windows XP for the time being. What sucks about burning discs that way, is that if I want the songs to go in a particular order, I have to rename each one, and sometimes tags get get recognized, sometimes they don't. I love iTunes for everything else, I assumed that Apple would have thought of this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.