Burning with Toast

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by chrisregentb, Aug 2, 2005.

1. chrisregentb macrumors member

Apr 13, 2005
    Hi, I have Toast version 6 for OS X. Anyway, I made a movie, saved it as an mpeg. I tried burning it with toast, but all it does is sit there saying it's encoding. How long should this take? The movie is only 1 hour 22 min, but it's been encoding since yesterday, way over 12 hours, but it's not frozen. I have the settings at NTSC and video quality at standard. Can anyone please help? Thank You

2. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    That was awfully looong...
    Hm, ur burning a what? VCD/SVCD/DVD or what?
  3. chrisregentb thread starter macrumors member

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm burning a DVD, but the status bar on the bottom is not even moving ahead since yesterday, it's at about 1/4 of the way up. I'ts not frozen though. I've heard it can take somewhere from 12 hours and on. Thank You

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    Well can you give a system info? I ask since on my iBook in sig. took 396 mins. to encode some mpegs (vcd/svcd) and I quit it early since I really didn't want to wait that long. But I have heard that 12-18 hrs on less than a PM DP with a lot of ram can take overnight at least.
    Have you tried to see just how long say one chapter would take and not the whole thing? That does seem like a long time, I know I just couldn't wait that long...good luck :cool: