Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisregentb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Hi, I have Toast version 6 for OS X. Anyway, I made a movie, saved it as an mpeg. I tried burning it with toast, but all it does is sit there saying it's encoding. How long should this take? The movie is only 1 hour 22 min, but it's been encoding since yesterday, way over 12 hours, but it's not frozen. I have the settings at NTSC and video quality at standard. Can anyone please help? Thank You

Chris

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
chrisregentb said:
Hi, I have Toast version 6 for OS X. Anyway, I made a movie, saved it as an mpeg. I tried burning it with toast, but all it does is sit there saying it's encoding. How long should this take? The movie is only 1 hour 22 min, but it's been encoding since yesterday, way over 12 hours, but it's not frozen. I have the settings at NTSC and video quality at standard. Can anyone please help? Thank You

Chris

That was awfully looong...
Hm, ur burning a what? VCD/SVCD/DVD or what?

chrisregentb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
I'm burning a DVD, but the status bar on the bottom is not even moving ahead since yesterday, it's at about 1/4 of the way up. I'ts not frozen though. I've heard it can take somewhere from 12 hours and on. Thank You

Chris

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Well can you give a system info? I ask since on my iBook in sig. took 396 mins. to encode some mpegs (vcd/svcd) and I quit it early since I really didn't want to wait that long. But I have heard that 12-18 hrs on less than a PM DP with a lot of ram can take overnight at least.
Have you tried to see just how long say one chapter would take and not the whole thing? That does seem like a long time, I know I just couldn't wait that long...good luck :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.