Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fullfloridiancj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
I would like to purchase a business card app for my iphone. So I can scan the cards and leave them in my phone for reference. I tried the free version of biz card and it works well. But I hate the fact that they want me to pay a monthly fee for syncing my cards to a cloud.
Now with icloud shouldn't we have apps with that functionality built in?

can anyone recommend a good app with syncing that does not have a monthly or yearly syncing fee??

FortWorthMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
the parched earth of North Texas
I would like to purchase a business card app for my iphone. So I can scan the cards and leave them in my phone for reference. I tried the free version of biz card and it works well. But I hate the fact that they want me to pay a monthly fee for syncing my cards to a cloud.

can anyone recommend a good app with syncing that does not have a monthly or yearly syncing fee??

Hey there,

I have tried several, both free and paid.

I have finally settled on WorldCard Mobile. It scans really, really well and no extra monthly fees.

It's not cheap (for an app anyway) but do recommend it.

Let me know what you think if you check it out.

David

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Business Card Scanner

I thought I would recycle a question someone posted last year.

I am looking for a good business card scanner app for my iPhone.

Which is the BEST business card scanner app?

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Best Business Card Scanning App?

Can anyone recommend the BEST business card scanning app?

dkl

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2012
CamCard!! I've been using it on the Android platform and that was one of the first apps i bought when i came over to the iPhone!

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
CardMunch is free and all you need is a LinkedIn profile.

My only hesitation about CardMunch is that I am thinking that Linkedin would be constantly nagging me to add every business card to my Linkedin contacts.

Does Cardmunch do a lot of nagging to add all my business cards to Linkedin??

----------

I've been using Evernote Hello.

Do you like the Evernote Hello App?

maryacott

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2013
New zeland
With the advancements in the iPhone’s camera, and its ability to interpret data, it comes as no surprise that it can almost read text for us. The perfect use case for this in the life of the average person is business card scanning, and contact management.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
With the advancements in the iPhone’s camera, and its ability to interpret data, it comes as no surprise that it can almost read text for us. The perfect use case for this in the life of the average person is business card scanning, and contact management.

I don't know about the iPhone's "ability to interpret data". CardMunch uploads the photo and an actual human being does the data entry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.