Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DWBurke811

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
scared? im not scared, i just dont like it.

i like the simplicity of mac spaces and expose. and when i first saw the new ical in lion i wanted to puke....

thats honestly pathetic.

youwill ahve no choice but to upgrade to lion eventually. apple will stop pushing updates or SL and then you'll be in worse shape when not updating to lion
i've been running 10.7 from the first preview to the most recent gm release, and...

mission control, for lack of a better word, sucks. you can't keep spaces in a grid, the way it groups apps is odd at best, putting full screen apps at the end is counter intuitive, not being able to wrap around when flicking through spaces sucks(ties back into not being able to grid them)

launch pad is not only something i don't want, but even if i did, they implemented it in a way that makes it much harder to use the necessary. and that's compared to stock 10.6, throw in google quick search, quicksilver, or alfred and it's even more worthless.

i know steve told you that you want 10.7 and it's amazing and if you don't get it you might get hit by a large truck, but he can leave iOS for the phones, i want OS X for my macbook.

i'll be sticking with 10.6 as my primary os, maybe 10.8 will be worth updating to...

Dresevski

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2011
Minnesnowda
IIRC Lion must install as an upgrade almost over 10.6.8...therefore any of the computers will come with the necessary hardware to install SL. If you need to clean install Lion you will take the disc that comes in the box with whatever computer, in this case new MBP that ships with Lion installed, and clean install SL. From there you update to 10.6.8 and use the Mac App Store to download and install Lion.

This is my understanding of it. Elsewhere it seems Apple does not want to ship out Lion discs. This makes everyone's life a little easier at first since 10.7.0 will be a struggle for some.

CouldBeWorse

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
I am also wondering whether I should purchase a Macbook Pro now or wait for Lion. I am overdue for a new laptop (my 2007 MBP is dead) and want to get the base 15" with the high rez upgrade. Do apple retail stores offer the higher resolution screen for the 15"?
Also, can I use my employee discount in store or online only?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.