Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I wonder if Apple sells refurbished iPhones (IPhones that have been returned) like they do laptops?
[doublepost=1514094679][/doublepost]
No one can answer this type of question. There are no doubt a myriad of factors involved that no one knows a number, the timeframe, and so on. If you return something and buy a replacement, that's not as "bad" as simply returning an item and not buying something. The return reason could also factor in. Apple no doubt categorizes the reasons given and a reason like "I didn't like it" won't help a customer's 'rating'.
Sadly, I didn't exchanged any of those 4 items I returned. As mentioned in an earlier post, I will purchase the 15" MBP-tb in 2018. If my 2011 MBA begins to fail before then, I will get the 2017 model and hope no keyboard issues. I also plan on purchasing the AirPods once Apple integrates more control features like changing song tracks and volume +/- without having to pull out the iPhone for that. And most definitely, I will be upgrading my 5S next year - hoping for an X Plus. So my purchases won't get registered until 2018.

HallStevenson

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2012
Ummm, What one does means something to Apple if a ban on returns takes place.
If Apple has flagged you for doing excessive returns, the next time you try and return something and try and tell them, "no, no, no, it's okay, I am going to buy another one in 6 months. Promise." Try that and see how it works.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I added to my post, can you comment?

No one here knows, or even has any basis for a good guess. You can bet that the algorithms used by Apple and Best Buy are pretty complex.
[doublepost=1514377531][/doublepost]
Does the flagged part only apply to if you keep returning from same store? Cause I’ve been returning my bad screens at different apple stores each time

This question is easy to answer. Apple will track purchases and returns at every store, web or physical. It's all tied together in their database. Do you really think a leading tech company wouldn't know everything about your purchases and returns?

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
From my understanding, Best Buy prints out a receipt when you're flagged and it has a number for you to call, which then you have to file a dispute against the returns. Best Buy bans customers up to one year from returning/exchanging items.

I got flagged at Best Buy after returning a Gear watch. Was told he could make an exception this time, but I wouldn't be able to return any more items within a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.