Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should I Wait?

• Buy it now!

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Wait for it!

Votes: 37 68.5%

• Total voters

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Hi guys!
The title says it all really..
What do you think I should do?
Wait for it, or just buy now?
I will only be using it for watching movies, listen to itunes, load pictures and surf the web, pages, mail etc..Just basic stuff :)

Hope you can help ;)

I think you should wait...

teemast

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2008
Buy or Wait?

The story is the same for all technology...it's being developed and improved at ever increasing rates of speed. Remember when nobody had cell phones? It wasn't that long ago. Then we had bricks with antennas. After a while Star Tacs...and look where we are today...the iPhone! The Blackberry! Anyone remember B/W TV? Then Color. Now HiDef. Remember LPs? Now CDs. VHS? Now DVDs...wait, blink and it's Blu Ray! Every year the rate of change accelerates...and lately there's been talk of this about Macstuff. Intel is coming out with chips faster and is anxious to purge "old" ones...so they're pressuring Apple to speed up their transitions to newer chipsets. Remember when it took oh 6 to 12 months for a cycle to run its course before an Apple product line was modified/upgraded?

My point is this...change is constant. It's happening faster than ever before. My advice would be to buy now if you need it, wait if you can, but don't absolutely feel you HAVE to wait. And try not to anticipate regret. It's almost a given. There will always be a new one, a better one, a faster one, a sleeker one...BUT...in general the iMacs have been so good for so long now...you're almost guaranteed to love it no matter what. Especially for the uses you describe.

lisamel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Thanks everyone, all your replies has been to good help. I have now waited for a few days and still very anxious to get it as soon as possible. But my mind has wandered and I now think i want the 24" one, so will have to pop down to my local apple store and check out the difference ;)

iJordo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
I am gonna wait...

Its great when Apple Updates,,,because the speed and design flaws from the last generation are usually fixed... having Penryn will boost the standard memory and graphics card along with faster speeds for the base model...

I totally am waiting it out...then selling my MBP and buying the updated Penryn iMac...

But if no update in a week or two....and no rumors.... I might just buy anyways...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.