Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armenakadino

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
I am planning to buy a macbook pro my question is should I buy now or wait for snow leopards release, I dont want to buy the computer and right after snow leopard is released. Does anybody have an idea when snow leopard will be released.

arthursiew

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2008
SF Bay Area
Snow Leopard will probably release in June. If you need the computer now... just get it. Apple always does these things to people. iLife '09 is only $10 for those who bought it within a certain timeframe. Probably Snow Leopard will be about the same... but it's going to be later this year.

armenakadino

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
Snow Leopard will probably release in June. If you need the computer now... just get it. Apple always does these things to people. iLife '09 is only $10 for those who bought it within a certain timeframe. Probably Snow Leopard will be about the same... but it's going to be later this year.

How much would it be for a upgrade with out the discount, just want to know incase I do buy it now

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Which usually includes 5 license so have a play-date with your "brothers" and it's cheaper.

No, it's $199 for five licenses.

Also, a way to consider current license is to do a Mac Box Set. Leopard, iLife 09, and iWork 09 for $169. That's a cheap deal to upgrade one, or upgrade up to five in a house for $229.

That's off the subject of Snow Leopard though. I guess if you want a computer now, buy it, then buy Snow Leopard and upgrade in six months for $129. It will be worth the upgrade.

iSimx

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
Personally, I would wait. I'm in the same position as you and am waiting for snow leopard, which I know is in June/July/August. But that's fine... I'm currently running leopard on my imac which is great, but I don't fancy buying snow leopard on top the macbook pro (It's expensive enough as it is)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.