Buying an iBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Burnout, Apr 22, 2005.

  1. Burnout macrumors member

    Apr 22, 2005
    Im going to buy a 12" iBook on monday from KRCS. As far as I can tell I can still send off to Apple to get Tiger even though its bought from KRCS?
    Also if Apple update the iBook a few days later can I take it back and upgrade? :confused:

    Grrr wish Apple would set hardware dates.

  2. swy32x macrumors regular

    Mar 20, 2005
    The rebate coupon for Tiger is viable for any Mac purchased after the 12th of April.

    The store may give you a rebate or a store credit, which can be used when the new iBooks, if they indeed do, come out.
  3. MacSA macrumors 68000


    Jun 4, 2003
    Unless you're absolutlely deperate for a computer now, I would wait until next week to see what's announced.....lots of rumours of new hardware.
  4. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

    Apr 17, 2005
    i'd be one to wait for a little while longer.
    There is an ambience of 'change' surrounding the ibooks.

    The hardware will upgrade very soon, i dont know about you, i would feel sick if they upgraded them just weeks after i got one.

    2 weeks ago i ordered one, but in the following days i began to feel very worried about upgrades, i changed my order to a powerbook.

    Wait a little longer, you'll thank yourself for it
  5. iGary Guest


    May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    You'll love your iBook.

    But wait a couple of weeks if you can. The line was last updated in October.
  6. runninmac macrumors 65816


    Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    I would wait a few days untill you buy one becuase of the update rumors it should be updated the 26th if the rumors are correct and the apple store has moved up the Est. Ship time from same day to 1-3 days and most of the time it means an update is coming.

Share This Page