Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiMBa37

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
New York
well, that's it. Didn't get one. Waited in line for 2 hrs 45 minutes in 49 degree weather at the Manhassat, NY store. Those store workers were incredibly unprepared and disorganized.

Granted I only got there at 4 pm, and there were 200 people on line in front of me. They kept talking about handing out vouchers for different models, but they only started preparing the vouchers (matching each individual box to a sticker and then a card) at 5 PM. What were they doing all day?

I waited outside the entire time, the line moved slow as molasses, moved up by 10 feet every 30 to 40 minutes.

I feel like such an idiot. This was such a stupid idea, last time I stand on line for an Apple product.

Congrats to the rest of you that got one.

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
Stopped off at my local Walmart early in the day and the clerk said they weren't getting any today. Called the store later and a guy (who seemed to be a manager) said they would be getting some, but probably not till 6pm. I had to bring my daughter to a Piano lesson for 5pm. I dropped her off 5 minutes early, headed to Walmart and got there at 5:05pm. There was a small line (about 5 people) and it sounded like while they didn't have any in stock, they were getting some (possibly from another local Walmart). Their 3 16GB models were already spoken for by 3 guys in front of me, but they said they had a 32GB available. I said, 'No thanks' and left. I was tempted to go with the 32GB, but this is more of an impulse buy for me as I don't have any major need for it, and I the $100 premium for an extra 16GB of storage doesn't appeal to me. If it was $50, I probably would have done it.

Oh well. Maybe I'll stop at the Apple store tomorrow. They'll probably be mobbed, but I suspect they'll be getting shipments in multiple times a day. If there's a huge line, I won't bother. 30 mins in line would be my limit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.