Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troymc8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Hey,
I have been a faithful Pc lover, however, I have become very heavily into video editing. I am currently running two dells both clocking at 2.8 ghz. However, I want to explorer into a Apple world. I am going to buy an Imac, becuase I really dont want a powermac. I have to do some video editing for a client in 3 weeks, and I havent bought my imac yet. I wonder if the shipping is longer, and you buy it, and they are updating, to they update it to the new requirements or send you out the original as u bought it.
I guess either way it pays off to wait till the relase of the new tiger osx.

but what does the extended time mean>

Thanks

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
troymc8 said:
Hey,
I have been a faithful Pc lover, however, I have become very heavily into video editing. I am currently running two dells both clocking at 2.8 ghz. However, I want to explorer into a Apple world. I am going to buy an Imac, becuase I really dont want a powermac. I have to do some video editing for a client in 3 weeks, and I havent bought my imac yet. I wonder if the shipping is longer, and you buy it, and they are updating, to they update it to the new requirements or send you out the original as u bought it.

Thanks

You're really lucky. I'm saving for an iMac, but it looks like I can't get one until September (tear tear :( ) Anyways, I haven't bought something like an iMac from Apple.com, but when I bought Panther and AppleWorks last fall, you could buy next day shipping for $16.00. Although your iMac probably won't come the next day, it probably would within 5 days.

Congratulations on making the switch! We have very similar switching stories!

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
troymc8 said:
Hey,

Thanks

It means one of two things:

1) There could be updates of the iMac in the very near future.

or

2) They could be slowing down the production because they want to laod Tiger on all the machines that they are sending out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.