C++, Xcode, KDevelop

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Agurri, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

Hello guys,

I'm currently taking a programmtion class in C++ based with KDevelop under Linux. For the first work, there was no problem coding with xCode and C++. But for the second work, we had to use a library called QT. In KDevelop, you had to add some redirection like -I$QTDIR/include under CXXFLAGS. I couldnt find a way to do the same thing wih XCode. I would like to be able to use this library, because I'll need it to make our next work. Is there anybody out there know how to do this ?

Thanks, Oliver

2. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

The QT libraries are not installed by default on Mac OS X. You need to get them from Trolltech.

3. Agurri thread starter macrumors 6502

Agurri

Ok, I know that. I d/l and installed QT opensource for mac. Now , how do I link this library in XCode ?

4. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Uhm, drag the Qt sources/headers folder to the Xcode project's "External Frameworks and Libraries" group in "Groups & Files."

And make sure the project's preferences (click on the top-most item in Groups & Files and type command-i) has "Always search user paths" checked.

5. -::ubermann::- macrumors regular

hey how much did it take you to compile QT?
    after entered the 'make' command more than 1 hour has passed and its still compiling...