Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Alsie

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
I previously had my :apple:TV hooked up to my tv in my bedroom and all was well. However, my roommate bought a projector and i decided that the :apple:TV would be put to more use in the theatre room. One problem, as you know, the :apple:TV has only digital outputs (component video and HDMI). His projector has only analog inputs (S-Video, Composite, VGA).

Is there an adaptor or cable (ie. Component to VGA) that will allow me to use the :apple:TV on the projector without too much image quality loss? I have seen a couple cables online but they all seem to not work as expected.

Any suggestions?

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
Actually, the AppleTV does have analog video out: component. If you search through this forum, you'll find many people who have tried (with varying levels of success) to use the AppleTV component outputs with TVs that only have composite inputs. I would suggest searching on "composite" or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.