Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
Hi everyone,

Loving the new facebook integration in 10.8.2, one thing I didn't count on however was having all my facebook friends' birthdays on my calendar! :/

I really don't want this, it's clogged up most of my calendar with people's birthdays who in the nicest way possible I don't care about! I really only want family and a few close friends' birthdays coming up on there.

Is there a way to make a contact group and have only their birthdays show up on my calendar app?

Thanks,
Matt

trenchfoote

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
You're not the only one having this issue. This seems like something easily remedied. I'll be following closely to see how to work around this.

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Just don't use Facebook contact sync. Use iCloud or Google Sync for your contacts and organize them just how you want.

mrhud

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
Hi everyone,

Loving the new facebook integration in 10.8.2, one thing I didn't count on however was having all my facebook friends' birthdays on my calendar! :/

I really don't want this, it's clogged up most of my calendar with people's birthdays who in the nicest way possible I don't care about! I really only want family and a few close friends' birthdays coming up on there.

Is there a way to make a contact group and have only their birthdays show up on my calendar app?

Thanks,
Matt

I love it too but feel the same way about all of the birthdays in my calendar. I hope there is a workaround. I can't seem to find one.

manutd27

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Matt

There is a simple way to remove it. On Ical - in the top right, click 'Calendars'. Simply untick birthday subscriptions.

One thing I have found useful on iOS6 is that it shows both Birthdays AND Events. Birthdays are annoying - but evens on the other hand, are useful. These show up on my Iphone Ical, but not on my Macbook Ical. Any solution?

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
There is a simple way to remove it. On Ical - in the top right, click 'Calendars'. Simply untick birthday subscriptions.

One thing I have found useful on iOS6 is that it shows both Birthdays AND Events. Birthdays are annoying - but evens on the other hand, are useful. These show up on my Iphone Ical, but not on my Macbook Ical. Any solution?

The problem with this is I still want to see my family's birthdays, as I will undoubtedly forget them otherwise! I may have to turn off facebook syncing untill I can work something out, or just add my family and close friend's birthdays as separate events :(

I haven't seen any options for showing events in calendar, but I'll have a look when I get home :)

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Trust me, I'm smacking my head against a wall about this. Quite a few forums here, apples support and other place about this. Is it that hard to make it so the integration only happens with our CURRENT icloud contacts... and to also offer a way to import the information rather than just the "layer" it provides right now. Like you take away the FB contacts integration and it takes all the info w/ it. I want it to import so it's shared across all my devices! I hate you FB, you make things so complicated in your terms with Apple I'm sure. Don't think your off the hook either Apple... get some balls.
/rant

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.