Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
With so many people reporting problems, I felt it would be good to post a success story.

In my small company we have been using Google Calendar as a shared Calendar System which works well.

I needed the ability to get multiple calendars "Automatically Synced" on my iPhone and my Work PC. I chose to use MobileMe (have been considering Exchange) if I could make it work.

1. I created multiple Calendars in MobileMe (each with it's own color).
2. I Synced with Outlook which added the additional Calendars under the main Outlook Calendar.
3. I purchased a program (SyncMyCal) which Sync's the various Outlook Calendars with Google Calendars on a time interval.
4. I then did a Sync with MobileMe which updated the Cloud.
5. MobileMe then Pushes to my iPhone as a single Calendar but the items are color coded. However, only a round DOT. I would prefer the entire entry to have the color.

Anyway, I am pleased I was able to accomplish my goal with MobileMe for Calendars. It would be nice if I could Publish my MobileMe Calendars so that Google Calendar can see them. I have tried to use Outlook 2007 Internet Calendar option in place of Google but it does not work as smooth as Google. I may re-visit that option. It would be nice to drop Google Calendar.

For Contacts I have no problems (Sync and Push great). For Mail, I have a couple open issues but overall it has been pushing my mail without problems for the last few days so I am pretty happy with that as well.

wlh99

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2008
With so many people reporting problems, I felt it would be good to post a success story.

In my small company we have been using Google Calendar as a shared Calendar System which works well.

I needed the ability to get multiple calendars "Automatically Synced" on my iPhone and my Work PC. I chose to use MobileMe (have been considering Exchange) if I could make it work.

2. I Synced with Outlook which added the additional Calendars under the main Outlook Calendar.
3. I purchased a program (SyncMyCal) which Sync's the various Outlook Calendars with Google Calendars on a time interval.
5. MobileMe then Pushes to my iPhone as a single Calendar but the items are color coded. However, only a round DOT. I would prefer the entire entry to have the color.

Anyway, I am pleased I was able to accomplish my goal with MobileMe for Calendars. It would be nice if I could Publish my MobileMe Calendars so that Google Calendar can see them. I have tried to use Outlook 2007 Internet Calendar option in place of Google but it does not work as smooth as Google. I may re-visit that option. It would be nice to drop Google Calendar.

For Contacts I have no problems (Sync and Push great). For Mail, I have a couple open issues but overall it has been pushing my mail without problems for the last few days so I am pretty happy with that as well.

I can get the iPhone to sync with both MM and Exchange, but not as a single calendar, and I can't get outlook to sync with mobile me. On the iPhone, I have a calendar screen where I can select what calendar (home, work, exchange, mm, or all)

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I can get the iPhone to sync with both MM and Exchange, but not as a single calendar, and I can't get outlook to sync with mobile me. On the iPhone, I have a calendar screen where I can select what calendar (home, work, exchange, mm, or all)

I was having a lot of problems with MobileMe Sync until I created a (what I call) a dummy Group folder in MobileMe (suggested by someone else). Then I was able to do a RESET SYNC DATA (under Advanced on Windows MobileMe Preferences). Since then I have not had any problems.

kahopk

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2008
Outlook/MobileMe sync now broken?

All this sounded like the ideal solution. Unfortunately, when I went to set up MobileMe (on a Vista box), the option to sync Outlook (now connected to an Exchange server) was grayed out. There is a note in the dialog that says "Syncing of contacts and calendars with Microsoft Outlook is not available while Microsoft Outlook is configured to use Microsoft Exchange Server. You may still directly access your data from Exchange over the air using your iPhone or iPod touch.".

I'd love to know if anyone has found a work-around... :confused:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

nice work. I'll look into this shortly.

yosefe

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2010
This is going to be a somewhat convoluted situation, but I don't believe there's been any precedent (at least that I could find on this site or any other for that matter):

I currently use all of Apple's organizational tools (Mail, Address Book, iCal) with MobileMe. I have an iPhone and naturally MobileMe is the gatekeeper between my Mac and my iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3

I am also using Gmail for email...as well as Google voice tied my gmail addresses for my phone calls.

I have a macbook pro at home and a pc desktop with outlook at work (My work IT guy will only let me use google sync and not mobile me, don't ask me why)

I like the idea posted here it is as close as i have gotten to a solution but could use some help setting this up so it all syncs. I think that starting with google syncing with address book only is a good solution but i am missing the PC steps. Also have no clue how to do the calendar part of it.

Here are a another article i have had a looked at trying to find a solution:
http://5thirtyone.com/archives/1871

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.