Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
I just finally updated from Monterrey to Ventura and my Calendar notifications are not showing up anymore, especially if the alerts where set for a time when the Mac was turned off.

E.g.: I turn my computer on at 10am and all the all-day events with alerts for 9am never trigger.

Alerts that trigger while the Mac is running sometimes show up and sometimes don't. I just created a test alert and it did not fire.

I am embarrassingly reliant on my Calendar alerts and have tried everything I could think of and google: Enabled all notification settings like "Allow notifications when the display is sleeping" etc., double checked settings within the Calendars app, safe mode restart, turned iCloud syncing off and back on for Calendars, and so on.

What else can I try?

• Sad
Reactions: Graphically

tjktony

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2009
I'm in exactly the same boat. Just upgraded my MBP M1. Have spent hours trying different things. Did you ever find a fix? My last resort is going to be a Reinstall in Recovery. Have you tried that yet?

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
I'm in exactly the same boat. Just upgraded my MBP M1. Have spent hours trying different things. Did you ever find a fix? My last resort is going to be a Reinstall in Recovery. Have you tried that yet?
I have tried everything I could think of except for a complete re-install, since that is just to much of a time waste for it to be worth it for me.

Unfortunately, I never found a fix. :(

Reactions: tjktony

tjktony

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2009
If/when you upgrade to Sonoma, hope you'll post back stating whether that worked to resolve the issue or not.

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: danqi

tjktony

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2009
I have tried everything I could think of except for a complete re-install, since that is just to much of a time waste for it to be worth it for me.

Unfortunately, I never found a fix. :(

Just an fyi: I created a fresh install of both Ventura and Sonoma on an external drive, without adding anything so it couldn't mess up the install. Same result. No matter what settings I tried, no luck. I wonder if when Apple went from Preferences to Settings, they messed it up and never fixed it. One thought: I don't use iCloud and wonder if for Ventura and Sonoma it must be activated for Alerts to work like they used to without iCloud, but it sounds like you've tried with it on and off, so that shouldn't be it.

I wish someone would post and confirm that it changed and it's no longer possible, or that it does work for them.

Reactions: danqi

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Just an fyi: I created a fresh install of both Ventura and Sonoma on an external drive, without adding anything so it couldn't mess up the install. Same result. No matter what settings I tried, no luck. I wonder if when Apple went from Preferences to Settings, they messed it up and never fixed it. One thought: I don't use iCloud and wonder if for Ventura and Sonoma it must be activated for Alerts to work like they used to without iCloud, but it sounds like you've tried with it on and off, so that shouldn't be it.

I wish someone would post and confirm that it changed and it's no longer possible, or that it does work for them.

I'd be interested in that as well. And thanks for the update!

And yeah, if I remember correctly I tried resetting iCloud as best as I could.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.