Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
So....I am curious, played around with it and it seems to be unlikely.

I have an iMac 27", a MBA, iPhone 5, and an iPad 4. My wife has an iPhone 5 with her own itunes/iCloud accounts.

But my iPad has since been "acquired" by my wife, she carries it around and uses it extensively around the house. The iPad is setup under my itunes/iCloud account. Now my question is, I want to call her on Facetime on the iPad, so it would essentially be me calling myself on 2 separate devices.

Can this be done without switching accounts on the iPad? I say this because all the iPad HD apps are bought using my account, so I don't want to disassociate my account. This can be also extended to using my iMac/MBA to call the iPad as well.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Settings, Facetime -

"You can be reached by Facetime at:"

Add Another Email....

You can add multiple emails, and call them.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Hey!

That worked, I knew about the option, but I had to uncheck all of my emails and IDs, the trick is to have one email associated with each device. I tried before and got a busy signal, now I just got it working, thanks.

It was kinda weird calling myself on my MBA from my phone sitting in front of me, haha.

okboy

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
This doesn't work. If you try contact yourself from your phone to your computer, you get an error saying you're busy, even if you click accept.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.