Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Ok, so I can't get my camera to be recognized by my Macbook. I have an Olympus Camedia C-2100. I have gotten it to work like a month ago, but now iPhoto won't come up when it's plugged in. The camera is on, and I can get it working with my PC (But I hate using my comp for that kinda stuff, and I make videos on the go, I need a place to put 'em, seeing as the camera only accepts a measly 64mb). Does anyone have any ideas why this ain't workin? I have plugged it directly into my Mac, and I have plugged it into my powered USB hub, and it still don't work, all my other devices work tho...

I jus don't know what this could be, doesn't sound like Mac to me, cuz, well, "It DOESN"T just works".

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Launch iPhoto and wait a minute for your camera to appear in the source list. It should give you an option to import. iPhoto doesn't open when I connect my Dig. Rebel, so that is what I do. I know there is an option to do it though.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Well that is the thing, it won't even load up my camera, my camera turns on as if it was tho. And iPhoto is opened all the time, and whenever I connect a camera, it asks me if you want it to load. I open up Disk Utility and it doesn't see my camera either, I just don't get it.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Image capture, what do you mean? Like with the built in iSight? Heck no, that quality isn't good enough for me, and I'm doing video too.

But if that isn't what you mean, I have no idea.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
OH, the App, I'm a friggen dumby, let me try.

It doesn't work. WHen I load the program it brings up my scanner just fine, so I disconnect that, and it says there are no devices. And everytime I plug my camera in, it just turns off, and if I leave it in Picture Taking mode, it stays on, but the screen, and the eye piece turn off, but the camera is still on. At first I thot the problem was my power. Before I would just plug it in with my batteries in the camera (When it worked a couple weeks ago) But today I was connecting it using external power through the wall. So I put fresh batteries in, and it's still not working. I have photos on there so there are things to load, but it aint working. I tried adjusting the memory card and all dat, plugging it into different USB ports and the such, but to no avail.

Another thing I just noticed. I have switched actual memory cards just to be safe. And on the top (On the camera's indicator screen), there is a flashing shape that looks like a memory card with an exclamation mark, and under that is a zero. I know the memory card is just fine, I can read the photos fine on my camera and in Windows...what is going on...are there some drivers I need??!!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i don't have that brand of camera....

but do you have a picture preview mode on your camera as well as a camera mode?

for example: on my canon i have to switch to view pictures for the computer to recognize it

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Yeah, that is what I meant when I said I can view the photos just fine on my camera. I have tried it in that mode, and in picture taking mode, and it still doesn't work. Jeez, I gotta project I need to film and it aint working.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Rapmastac1 said:
Yeah, that is what I meant when I said I can view the photos just fine on my camera. I have tried it in that mode, and in picture taking mode, and it still doesn't work. Jeez, I gotta project I need to film and it aint working.

also try this: connecting to your computer, turning on picture view mode, and THEN turn on the camera.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
This is an offhand suggestion, but I've seen some cameras that give the option of mounting "as a camera" or just like an external flash drive. If iPhoto has native support for the camera, then it'll work in the "as a camera" mode, but if it doesn't, you'd need special drivers. It should be fine in the "as flash media" mode, though.

Just a suggestion--no idea if this is your issue.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Well, that is what sucks about this camera, it has no "Drive" mode really. It can't be used as a Media Card reader I guess you could say. A while back I had a USB Card reader but due to poor wiring, I was out a media card reader and a media card becuase it shorted it (reversed the wires for the front USB ports, jeez what a mess that was on my old machine). So now I have to use the usb cable and all that and it sucks cuz I have to have all sorts and drivers and junk. But I had it working with my mac before, and I just don't know what happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.