Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
Originally posted by alset
VT is exactly UGLY in Safari. It has been one of my trouble spots with Safari since day one. I can't tolerate such a jumbled mess on my screen when I am trying to read through lists of updates. It makes my head hurt.

Dan

besides a text size difference, i really don't see anything all that different between the renderings. VersionTracker is poorly coded anyways.

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 140

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Yeah, one of my favorite changes about v64 was an improvement in the aesthetic appearance of tables. This had been a problem in Safari even in v62.

Chris

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Originally posted by sparkleytone
Ya know this has been a hotly contested subject for a good year now on MR.

The way I am beginning to see it, is we have two damn good alternative browsers and the standard Internet Explorer.

Camino is damn fast now. Since they are now building off of the live tree, it just MOVES. We lost native widgets, but I am quite sure we will see them in all official point releases...
FWIW, Camino has native widgets back in the latest nightly (with some problems).

It is fast, though.

Chris

Anticipat3

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
You know what's really beautiful about this thread? It isn't one browser or another, it's the fact that there IS real competition between the browsers right now, and it's likely that MOST of the mac community these days isn't using IE. It's obviously browsers get better and better very quickly!

This kind of discussion never happens in windows related forums, because there's a lot less options, and a lot less forseeable development. IE holds 90%, and that number won't change real soon, and m$ has no intention or motivation to innovate when they have nobody to compete with (another reason I hope Mozilla goes more mainstream... ).

All I have to say about it is that I have Safari .64 and Camino in my Dock... and I like having both :). It would be nice to have one do everything, but it's also healthy for them to leapfrog in front of each other in areas, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.