Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2003
I just started using Camino a little bit tonight to see what it was like. I tried going to xbox.com and it redirects me to http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/ , which is the Japanese version. Any clue how to fix this? Just typing in xbox and hitting enter does this. Typing in xbox.com does also. I immediately tried is Firefox and had no problem.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Check the page encoding to make sure that the default isn't Japanese and change it, if it is. It could show up as something else and there could be a test something like "if it's not English, re-route to Japanese pages"

GoldenChocobo77

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2006
Joliet, Illinois
If you look at the top of the page, you will notice a circle with some gridlines in it. The text to the right of that should link you to the regional select page.

Or just go here.

I got redirected just the same as you when I went to test this.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2003
GoldenChocobo77 said:
If you look at the top of the page, you will notice a circle with some gridlines in it. The text to the right of that should link you to the regional select page.

Or just go here.

I got redirected just the same as you when I went to test this.

Thanks. That did it. How in the world 1) would someone know to select that link and change region 2) why does it redirect when you just type in xbox??

So far Im liking Camino. I was a HUGE Firefox advocate on Windows, and had been using it exclusively on my new mini for the past few weeks. But I noticed in the sys monitor Firefox would continue to increase how much memory it was using if I didnt close it out occasionally. Sometimes it was up around 150mb+. Camino so far doesnt "appear" to go over 55-60mb.

GoldenChocobo77

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2006
Joliet, Illinois
How they would expect someone to know what that did is beyond me. I just remember seeing it there from the English site. I mostly looked at where the URL would take me.

I have also switched to Camino on my MacBook as opposed to FireFox on my PC, so it was a problem I probably would have encountered soon. I wonder if such a redirect happens with other sites as well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.