Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umdjb

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Washington D.C.
Hey everyone,

I am looking for an easy and reliable way to connect my iPod to my car. I would like something that will provide good quality and also power my iPod while in the car.

Any suggestions?!

winterdude010

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
New York
Your only options are:

FM Transmitter, such as:

TuneFM

This transmits your music to your car via a radio frequency not in use by a radio station

OR

If your car has a tape deck in it, you can buy tapes that have headphone jacks coming out of them at your local electronics stores, this will plug into your iPod and provide the BEST sound quality. Otherwise, FM transmitter is the only way.

drumnkyle

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2007
Drive & Play

I have the Harmon Kardon Drive & Play and it's pretty nice but a little glitchy. It provides power but needs to be installed and can connect via FM transmitter or (depending on your model car) it can connect directly.

There is also another new system but I seem to have forgotten the name but it can be installed into where a CD changer would be installed to get you the best quality sound.

hope this helps!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
there are quite a few options all depending on your stereo

if you have a AUX line in thats the best sound quality (or iPod compatibility from your car/stereo manufacturer)
if you have a tape deck you can get the tape adapter
if you don't have either the FM Transmitter route will be the only option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.