Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zxem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Hi all,

I bought my MacBook pro 1 week ago with the old config. Could I ask them to replace a new Macbook pro with Core 2 :mad: :mad: ?

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
zxem said:
Hi all,

I bought my MacBook pro 1 week ago with the old config. Could I ask them to replace a new Macbook pro with Core 2 :mad: :mad: ?
Yes. Send it back with teh 14day returns policy and buy the new one.

zxem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
ChrisG said:
Yes. Send it back with teh 14day returns policy and buy the new one.

14 days covers in-store purchase, right?

mratlantis

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2006
in the same boat

i bought my MBP 15' 10 days ago
its still to be delivered
now i want to upgrade to the new model
can i?
does anyone have any advice?>

by the way i bought it online with the education discount as im a teacher

thanks in advance

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Yup, if you take it back to the store I think. May be able to do it over the phone.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
I'm not entirely sure if CTO Macs can be returned-better check with Apple.

Magnus Reftel

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
I don't know where you live, but if you live in the EU, then you have two weeks to change your mind (counting from the day you receive the goods) on online purchases. Don't open the box, and tell them that on second thought you weren't interested.

zxem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Magnus Reftel said:
I don't know where you live, but if you live in the EU, then you have two weeks to change your mind (counting from the day you receive the goods) on online purchases. Don't open the box, and tell them that on second thought you weren't interested.

I bought in New York apple store USA.

nuzreq

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2003
My friend just purchased the old rev, less then a week ago, but he has definitely opened it. You guys think it would be possible for him to return it for the newer one?

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
nuzreq said:
My friend just purchased the old rev, less then a week ago, but he has definitely opened it. You guys think it would be possible for him to return it for the newer one?
Yes but [paying a 10% restocking fee.

mratlantis

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2006
so am i right in thinking that as i have bought a customised mbp (glossy screen and extra harddrive and ram) and i bought it online (im in the uk) i wont be able to return it?
bear in mind it still hasnt been delivered yet
its due tomorrow
:confused:

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
mratlantis said:
so am i right in thinking that as i have bought a customised mbp (glossy screen and extra harddrive and ram) and i bought it online (im in the uk) i wont be able to return it?
its due tomorrow

Maybe it's already been upgraded? :confused:

iñaki'sonMac'87

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Barcelona
I wonder if cut the Serial Number to send it for the Ipod discount mail-in-rebate would be consider as a damage to the "original envelope" or is posible to send it and get the new one.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
As far as I know, any BTO Macs cant be returned. Your best best is to try listing it on ebay and see what you get for it.

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
mratlantis said:
its due tomorrow

You can definitely return it within two weeks of receiving it, whether or not it's BTO, but call them and ask. It might already be upgraded, as they usually don't ship older products after newer ones have been announced.

Edit: UK return policy here

zxem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Apple give me 2 options for my 1 week old MacBook Pro.

1. Pay them $220 restock fee, return the MacBook Pro
2. They refund me $600, I keep MacBook Pro.

I chose return it. And surprisingly New York 5 Ave Apple store still does not have the new MacBook Pro in stock.

Mafio

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2006
Reading
zxem said:
Apple give me 2 options for my 1 week old MacBook Pro.

1. Pay them $220 restock fee, return the MacBook Pro
2. They refund me $600, I keep MacBook Pro.

I chose return it. And surprisingly New York 5 Ave Apple store still does not have the new MacBook Pro in stock.

WOWwwww 600$$!!!no bad ;)

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
It's not surprising that they are not in the stores yet. Apple says 1 week on shipping and stores don't get them any sooner.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
amac4me said:
Yes, amazing. I would have taken the $600

Me three!! The advantages of the C2D vs. $600, take the money and sell the MBP next year and then upgrade, the CD MBP will still be worth good money and you will pocket $600. No brainer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.