Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcsbite

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
I'm new to front row and just wanted to know if I could change my folder pref's?

basically, it's looking to my iTunes library for movies/music video's and such, in there I have all my video's converted into smaller files (to save space on my iPod).

but, I also have the large, full sized videos saved on my hard drive, and I wanted front row to look at these insead of my iTunes ones.

I can't import the full size ones into iTunes and use it that way as then front row finds 2 of every video (the large file and also the ipod sized smaller file)

I hope that made sense...

..any advice?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
arcsbite said:
I'm new to front row and just wanted to know if I could change my folder pref's?

basically, it's looking to my iTunes library for movies/music video's and such, in there I have all my video's converted into smaller files (to save space on my iPod).

but, I also have the large, full sized videos saved on my hard drive, and I wanted front row to look at these insead of my iTunes ones.

I can't import the full size ones into iTunes and use it that way as then front row finds 2 of every video (the large file and also the ipod sized smaller file)

I hope that made sense...

..any advice?
I think if you put your larger files in the movie folder in your user folder, the videos might come up when looking in the iMovie section of Front Row. This is a guess, otherwise putting them in iTunes in a different play lists would be the only way to be able to separate them.

diego2k7

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2005
You can also place an alias to the folder in which your larger movies are in the 'Movies' directory and that will work.

arcsbite

Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
diego2k7 said:
You can also place an alias to the folder in which your larger movies are in the 'Movies' directory and that will work.

This works fantastically, thanks!

don't suppose you know a way of bypassing the main menu at all do you?
I mean, I have to go into movies and scroll through my iTunes movies just to get to my alias folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.